Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ_DLC_Install V2 -- Version WEEN 10/10 (Final)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roborthex View Post
    What's the Text to Item runtime 'code'?
    Look in the "code releases" section

These DLC items are so amazing
    The red Pikmin, top and ShinyBluePikmin go to the Catalog and if you tell nook to sell the Red Lightsabre and Blue Lightsabre at the same time you can get 2,000,000 Bells but you can only hold 1,500,000 Bells or somewhere like that.

You have just become one of my most favorite hackers!

also is it possible to bring back the GC animal crossing trees with the golden leaves?
    i miss those.

As I understand it we do not have enough knowledge to create a new 'tree' but we can make a seed that LOOKs like a tree lol...

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Instead of updating the exe, wouldnt it be easier to make a file the exe imports to add the new HDLC?

The only thing that can screw this up are hacker noobs, if the DLC was pubicly released, that would be the problem, so theirs nothing too really be afraid/worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The only thing that can screw this up are hacker noobs, if the DLC was pubicly released, that would be the problem, so theirs nothing too really be afraid/worry about.
    Or the noobs who do now what they are doing but are stupid and mak stuff like Dick hats ect

Exclamation

Red Lightsaber and Blue pikmin

Can someone get me one of each?

I have homebrew and Gecko OS but I am clueless on how to use them so if someone could get me one of each, they'd be a saint.

You will need to extract your gamesave using the extractor, then edit that save using DSPet's DLC tool (can be found at aibohack.com). Follow the instructions there, very very easy DSPet is kind to all of us.

Save your gamesave then re-install using the save installer.

HTH

heres a question. What happens when new items are created that are real DLC and we have HDLC taking there slot? Is it easily movable?

> What happens when new items are created that are real DLC and we have HDLC taking there slot? Is it easily movable?
    Short answer: Yes.
    ----
    Longer answer (since this often comes up). That's on of the hypothetical arguments the "DLC haters" have been throwing around as to why Hacked DLC is bad. It may hypothetically prevent them from getting the really cool DLC items that hypothetically Nintendo is going to release in the future.
    Opinion: The track record for "official" Animal Crossing giveaways is not very good (eg: AC:WW infrequent and buggy).
    ----
    The facts:
    Nintendo has released 2 DLC items so far (in Japan only). That's less than 1% of the DLC space. You can install them in your game using EZ_DLC_Install if you have WiiBrew.
    There are no published plans on if, when and what Nintendo will release next. There is much speculation.

The "New Plan" accounts for the case where Nintendo releases few or no more items, or if they start releasing them at break-neck speed (eg: an item a week).

The 3 hacked DLC items are a little over 1% of the DLC space. They have item codes specially picked to be well outside the regular Nintendo item code area. Also plenty of room to release one a week for a few years.

The chances of an accidental collision are remote.
    ----
    Speculation continues:
    Nintendo could *intentionally* overlap the Hacked DLC range. I think that is highly unlikely.

BTW: The DLC haters like saying the Nintendo engineers would do something like that to punish the people who downloaded Hacked DLC. That's insane, a company would never do that for the support costs alone.

But even in this remote scenario, there is a simple fix for WiiBrew users and at least 2 different ways for non-WiiBrew users to get the new DLC.