Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ_DLC_Install V2 -- Version WEEN 10/10 (Final)

> BTW: the size of the encrypted file on the Nintendo server will probably give it away (if under 9KB it is not DLC).
    Update: the Japanese giveaway is on their servers now. Too small to contain DLC.

For example, the data sizes for the encrypted files:
    Original Japanese giveaway (red Pikmin hat + letter in Japanese) - 9K bytes
    Current EU/UK/OZ giveaway (red Pikmin hat + letters in several languages) - 12K bytes
    Current Japanese giveaway (Feb 14) - 1K bytes

Instead of releasing a new EZ_DLC_Install.exe every time new DLC is released, how about split DLC data from the EZ_DLC_Installer. The DLC data can be packaged as separate .bin, .dat, .dll, .dlc, or whatever file type and the new data just needs to be downloaded and moved into the folder with the other DLC data. After opening the save data for the town, you then locate the folder where you store all the DLC data. This may lead to hundreds of small 16KB files but it is better than downloading the entire new EZ_DLC_Install.exe every month (or maybe even week) for a single DLC that the previous version didn't have. If HDLC creation becomes much more popular and widespread, then there will be a lot of trouble trying to keep up with all the new DLC data. I would rather download individual new HDLC data from people I trust instead of waiting for a new EZ_DLC_Installer.exe in hopes that the new HDLC I want is added. The file name could be "HEX# - Item Name" where "HEX#" is the original/default hexcode and the item name is self explanatory. Note: File name won't actually change the actual hexcode or item name.

The EZ_DLC_Install.exe can still be updated but instead of for new DLC, it is updated for new features, bug fixes, better error checking/reporting, DLC compatibility, DLC modification (such as change hexcodes in case there is a conflict), etc.

Hopefully this will bring new ideas to be set into motion before HDLC creation takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanoab View Post
    Instead of releasing a new EZ_DLC_Install.exe every time new DLC is released, how about split DLC data from the EZ_DLC_Installer. The DLC data can be packaged as separate .bin, .dat, .dll, .dlc, or whatever file type and the new data just needs to be downloaded and moved into the folder with the other DLC data. After opening the save data for the town, you then locate the folder where you store all the DLC data. This may lead to hundreds of small 16KB files but it is better than downloading the entire new EZ_DLC_Install.exe every month (or maybe even week) for a single DLC that the previous version didn't have. If HDLC creation becomes much more popular and widespread, then there will be a lot of trouble trying to keep up with all the new DLC data. I would rather download individual new HDLC data from people I trust instead of waiting for a new EZ_DLC_Installer.exe in hopes that the new HDLC I want is added. The file name could be "HEX# - Item Name" where "HEX#" is the original/default hexcode and the item name is self explanatory. Note: File name won't actually change the actual hexcode or item name.

The EZ_DLC_Install.exe can still be updated but instead of for new DLC, it is updated for new features, bug fixes, better error checking/reporting, DLC compatibility, DLC modification (such as change hexcodes in case there is a conflict), etc.

Hopefully this will bring new ideas to be set into motion before HDLC creation takes off.
    In other words, make it like PattView, only with DLC, right?

Yeah! That;s a great idea Just like Pattview would be cool. Then we could send people our custom made items when the new program comes out.

So uh, any particular prediction on when the new tool will come out?
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Minor update to EZ_DLC_Install. Includes the "updo" tiara item for Girl's Day in Japan. Thanks to Omni for the DLC data.
    (hopefully NorthAmerica will get their first official DLC release tomorrow?)

Although it may appear as a rather boring item, the 3D model does make use of many layered textures. Look at the wig from the back.

----
    Future versions will be more dynamic to install more frequent updates. I don't know about Nintendo releases, but Hacked DLC is coming soon...

Hooray! I'm SO excited to see your latest work. And no problem for the DLC data! I actually sought out the updo a few days ago, just in case tests needed to be run on the save data! I didn't think it would actually be useful. lol.
    Everywhere at once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zanoab View Post
    Instead of releasing a new EZ_DLC_Install.exe every time new DLC is released, how about split DLC data from the
    To me it sounds like it just makes it easier to make, create, and test your own DLC. (which could lead to unwanted wifi items..) what he could do is have a sort of "auto update" like vash's css hack.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Blog Entries

If you read his last post, it does address the issue of being more "dynamic" so you won't have to get a new .exe file to add new items.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

noob question here, did anyone find out what happens if 2 items with the same code meet? because we could just make infinite items if they dont freeze the game but im sure everybody knows that