Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: ACToolkit v1.3 For Windows & v1.0 For Mac OS X

From what I've heard, the save extractor can't extract saves from backup games when running them on unmodded wii consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Twozeronine View Post
    From what I've heard, the save extractor can't extract saves from backup games when running them on unmodded wii consoles.
    Which is a good thing? When you say "backup" it means 99.9% of time means, "pirated" games. Serves people right, they should just go buy the game. "It was meant to be"

But when you think about it, Animal Map for ACWW can load .sav, which is a save file created from emulators and most flashcarts :P .

This isn't wild world, this is city folk. On a different console, so everything is gona be different. Nintendo fixed a lot of things and made it harder to hack, ect. Example: Seeding houses.

This program is Nice.. Thanks Virus... Great Job.
    you should deffenly make .bin support make it easyer for everyone. i would love to see .bin support.

Quote Originally Posted by crwys View Post
    Which is a good thing? When you say "backup" it means 99.9% of time means, "pirated" games. Serves people right, they should just go buy the game. "It was meant to be"
    But people with modchip are still able to use that tool.

yes but atleast you have to pay for a modchip. the "backup" loader doesnt cost a thing besidse a sd card, and zelda. Everybody has a sd card. And you can rent zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by crwys View Post
    yes but atleast you have to pay for a modchip. the "backup" loader doesnt cost a thing besidse a sd card, and zelda. Everybody has a sd card. And you can rent zelda.
    Modchip price starts at $10. $2 for soldering iron... And not all people can borrow Zelda.
    anyways, in both ways, its pirating. I live in europe, so I cant buy the AC:CF, but I am gonna get it with Wii Speak when it comes out in a few days...

Either way. It cost money, and time. Hardly anybody can solder, so they have to pay for that too

FWIW: 'data.bin' format has been figured out, and Virus has mentioned he may support it in future.
    BUT I've tried both, I don't see any reason why you'd want to use the Wii data.bin method instead of the gamesave extractor (assuming you have a game disc)

> I find (save files that have their save flag removed) a lot more convenient than using save extractor for some reason
    Really? Am I missing something?:

From main menu, with Save Extractor
    #1) Start HBC (2clicks), #2) Start Extract (2clicks), #3) Run it and exit (2 button presses), done

From main menu, using the Wii save method
    #1) Start Wii utilities gamesave (4 clicks), #2) delete old gamesave from SD (4 clicks), #3) Save to SD card (3 clicks), #4) go back to main menu (4clicks, or home)

Also I find the actual writing to SD card to be much slower (even though it is writing approximately the same number of bytes). The reverse is just as bad.
    The downside is the Game Extractor needs the game disc in the drive. All legal owners should have that, and I assume you just ran the game.
    What am I missing?