Thread: town layout

Default town layout

Every time you start a new town you start off with a random map layout.
    How many layouts are there on accf ? and is there any way to extract them all ? so you could use ACtoolkit to install the one you like best.

> How many layouts are there on accf ?
    My guess: 1174 different combinations (premade layouts, picked at random -- ie. not a truely random town)

There is a file in the ISO called "rndCand.bin". It has 1174 records of 5x5 bytes each that look a lot like the inner part of the town map. The format is not totally understood (ie. not the same as the game tile codes)
    If someone can figure out the correlation, a program could be written (either outside or inside ACToolkit)

Blog Entries

mmm.. wouldnt it need to include walls dspet? As they do vary from layout to layout... and the gate moves a bit at times as well..

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

> wouldnt it need to include walls?
    I suspect it is input to some algorithm - which can adjust the outside walls, and perhaps have other variations (or it the 5x5 data may have nothing to do with the acre layout)
    FWIW: I gave up looking at it a long time ago. The static data isn't obvious.

If interested, you'll need to disassemble the code to figure out how it is used
    (tricky to find with runtime breakpoints since this is only used at the very start of the game)