Thread: Making basic games?

Blog Entries

Default Making basic games?

I know there are a lot of free programs out there that let you make games and stuff on the computer, and im thinking of trying one out
    nothing too advanced , just a good one to start out with cause it looks fun
    hopefully something that lets you use your own sprites? oh and it needs to be free!

Blog Entries

GameMaker is a pretty popular one. It's not too bad, either. I've seen Sonic, Zelda, and Mario clones made entirely with GameMaker. I've used it before, and it's as simple or complex as you want to make it. There's a large code base underneath the sleek GUI that you can completely customize to fit your needs (or avoid entirely).
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    GameMaker is a pretty popular one. It's not too bad, either. I've seen Sonic, Zelda, and Mario clones made entirely with GameMaker. I've used it before, and it's as simple or complex as you want to make it. There's a large code base underneath the sleek GUI that you can completely customize to fit your needs (or avoid entirely).
    Thank you so much! I guess I'll close this thread now. I'm already making simple games with it, and they're fun to play XD