Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ITEM_TOOL Items Sharing Thread

> ...but I want my items in my REAL town not in testtown. how do you do that?
    See the tutorial, http://www.aibohack.com/wii/itemtool.htm
    TESTTOWN is setup that way to make your life easy for editing items. They are short lived and do not work in a regular town. People visiting your town will not see the modified graphics. Also your regular town won't work properly if you have more than one DLC type.

To make an item that works in all (hacked) towns, it should be turned into "OHDLC". Make something good and post it on the item sharing thread. I may add other glasses/masks later. That's how the Dimentio mask was made.
    Finally to make the item available to all towns, it needs its own permanent DLC slot. So far none of the hacked items are good enough for that (Master Sword will likely be the first)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

>(Master Sword will likely be the first)

...Assuming someone can rebuild the tip? >_>

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    TESTTOWN is setup that way to make your life easy for editing items. They are short lived and do not work in a regular town. People visiting your town will not see the modified graphics. Also your regular town won't work properly if you have more than one DLC type.

To make an item that works in all (hacked) towns, it should be turned into "OHDLC". Make something good and post it on the item sharing thread. I may add other glasses/masks later. That's how the Dimentio mask was made.
    Finally to make the item available to all towns, it needs its own permanent DLC slot. So far none of the hacked items are good enough for that (Master Sword will likely be the first)

oohhh. Now I get it. So on ITEM_TOOL when I first load it and I choose lets say the Red Lightsaber and I edit it. Will it then become OHDLC?

I think it will yes, it will edit your slot for the lightsaber, and you wil see that item, all your lightsabers will turn into said item. And Im pretty sure if you see someone who hasnt contacted hdlc and they see your ohdlc item first, they will only be able to see that item in the slot. no matter who pulls it out, your screen will show the item your wii has it programmed as.

oh cool! I am gonna try that!

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post

I read the tutorial and it sounds like i cant get it into my savegame withgout a USB Gecko. Is that correct?

Sorry to bump, but I just got into this and was testing it out for a laugh...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrbeast94 View Post
    oh cool! I am gonna try that!
    I read the tutorial and it sounds like i cant get it into my savegame withgout a USB Gecko. Is that correct?
    If you change the option to import into RVFOREST.DAT you should be able to sdo it without a USB Gecko.
    Last edited by chaotictails; 10-29-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotictails View Post
    sorry to bump, but i just got into this and was testing it out for a laugh...

edit:

If you change the option to import into rvforest.dat you should be able to sdo it without a usb gecko.
    epic!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

LOL. The texture needs to be fixed in the back and that needs to be released into the wild. DsPet. Do this.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Technically, the colors are off, and his eye pokes through. It might work better as a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotictails View Post
    Technically, the colors are off, and his eye pokes through. It might work better as a mask.
    Use a hockey mask...
    It's much more of a circle than the clown mask...