Thread: This drummer is a GOD

Blog Entries

Default This drummer is a GOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHAG8nup40c

Shannon Lucas from The Black Dahlia Murder

Blog Entries

Did you send me this in msn before? I remeber you saying something about a drummer being a god somewhere...

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    Did you send me this in msn before? I remeber you saying something about a drummer being a god somewhere...
    No that was another video of the same drummer XD
    He's the best metal drummer in America at least

Blog Entries

He certainly is not a god. There are plenty of better death metal drummers...and even then they don't have much skill besides fast feet and hitting a snare on the offbeat.

Here's what a real drummer should sound like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBQHV...e=channel_page
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    He certainly is not a god. There are plenty of better death metal drummers...and even then they don't have much skill besides fast feet and hitting a snare on the offbeat.

Here's what a real drummer should sound like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBQHV...e=channel_page
    I know there are much better drummers out there, but I haven't seen any other death metal drummers in America that can play like him, he easily plays flawlessly every time without breaking a sweat. You can't really compare drummers from different genres of music.
    If I was to compare a drummer to the vid you posted, I'd say Tony Royster Jr is just as good or better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBjcIBHxis

Blog Entries

The drummer you originally posted was not even very good with the double bass. That's one of the key points of death metal drumming. I'm not entirely impressed with him. He is rather good, though.

Tony Royster Jr. is really just banging on that huge *** set. His beats are soooo simplistic. He has no high-hat, splash, or crash control whatsoever. He's nothing compared to the drummer I posted.

P.S. I've been a drummer my entire life. I've played shows with classic rock cover bands as well as popular local death metal bands.

Edit: Of course if you'd like a more in-depth comparison between the two, I'd be glad to do so. Tony is doing very simplistic beats across a wide array of drums (because he is lucky enough to own such a beast set). Shane, however, is on a much smaller scale set but his beats are far more complex. Perfect high-hat control makes his beats very easy to follow. Seemless snare triplets and flams down to the toms as well as seemless dome hits on any cymbol around without even glaring at it. Drumming perfection.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Tony Royster Jr. is really just banging on that huge *** set. His beats are soooo simplistic. He has no high-hat, splash, or crash control whatsoever. He's nothing compared to the drummer I posted.
    That's not Tony's real set though, he's even laughing about how ridiculous it is while he's playing. Oh and Shannon is amazing with double bass, and he can replicate the way any drummer plays (when he covers a song, he can even make it seem just like the other drummer is playing it, he doesn't add all this crap to it to make it sound better)
    Like in this video, he didn't make this song but he plays it flawlessly like he did make it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5QIiESWlC0

His double bass was faster when he played in All That Remains though, but that makes him a good drummer because he can choose when he wants to play fast and when he doesn't. Listen to the song "This Calling"
    Last edited by dragonboy269; 03-28-2009 at 01:03 PM.