Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: PattView AC:CF V3.0

wooo can't wait thanks a lot Vash I really appreciate what you have done for us.

Blog Entries

New version will hopefully be here tomorrow. Virus never showed up tonight
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Vash,

Have you figured out a fix for converted .pats showing up as black in the game? Editing/Renaming can be a pain if I am importing a lot of them at once, especially for the globals.

Also a feature request- I would love to have 32x32 thumbnails at the bottom of the screen, like Anicro. Sometimes it can be hard to see the pattern in the grid, especially if there are a lot of light colors. Also sometimes I need to get a pattern out of the game and into another program like Photoshop or Anicro. This is easy enough if I can make a screen grab of that thumbnail. Even easier if the program could offer the option of exporting a 32x32 .bmp.

That is what I do now for getting patterns out of the ACC pattern library. I take a screen capture of the thumbnail, load it into Anicro to find a compatible AC:CF palette, then convert to .pat for import into the game.
    Last edited by conolan; 04-04-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't plan on adding bmp support anytime soon. The image converting math does greatly increase the size of the program, and even with packing it is starting to get larger than I had originally hoped. That was not my intentions for this program when I started and I don't see it as a vital feature at this point. Maybe sometime in the future I can add support for bmp conversion.

As for the famous black pattern bug, I still have no understanding of why this bug occurs let alone a possible fix for it. WiiFan20 has posted many times his workaround to fix this problem if you're importing many patterns to the game. Currently, that is the only way to fix the "bug".

can you quote Wiifan's post to the first post of this topic? It'll be easier than having to search 33 pages.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Quote Originally Posted by conolan View Post
    Vash,

Have you figured out a fix for converted .pats showing up as black in the game? Editing/Renaming can be a pain if I am importing a lot of them at once, especially for the globals.
    I had the same problem! Just edit the patterns in-game, and they will have the correct pallette.
    And your opinion matters?

Blog Entries

Upgraded to version 1.6!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Vash! I edited letters and didn't get a corrupted file!

Here are a few simple things I edited: (I like the last one better)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RUU_0040.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RUU_0041.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	1001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RUU_0042.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	1002
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Blog Entries

Hahaha. Nice examples

I used this and it mucked up my game. I got file corrupt, lol. Is there a way to reverse it? My backup died. :P