Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing: City Folk

Default Animal Crossing: City Folk

TIME OF RELEASE: November 16

-They are bringing back the old holidays from the GC version, Christmas, Easter, New Years, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and more.
    -You can put your Mii's Face onto your character
    -Players can now customize the front, back, and sleeves of clothes, as opposed to only being able to customize clothes as a whole
    -Players will live in a house each, rather than sharing one between the four, however unlike Animal Crossing for the GameCube, they are all spread out, instead of the little central-hub in the original.
    -There will be downloadable content available as a free service. New furniture and items will be released periodically
    -The game will feature a motion control for fishing, bug catching, and chopping down trees. This is an optional feature because those actions have been mapped to a certain button.
    -owners of Wild World will have the option of moving their character to City Folk, and everything will be transferred with the character, including for what they are wearing and their catalog
    -the DS can be used to transfer characters between Wiis as a means of visiting other player's towns
    -AC:CF will be the first Wii game to take advantage of Wii Speak, a new microphone option for the Wii enables voice communication over Wi-Fi. With Wii Speak, all people in a room may communicate with those in another room also containing the device
    -Players can communicate with other players by sending messages to either their town, Wii Message Board, mobile phone or personal computer. It is also the first game to use WiiConnect24, which allows you to send messages to the Wii Message Board, mobile phones, or personal computers

Taken from Wikipedia:
    "The primary new addition to City Folk (in Europe 'Let's Go to the City') is a new city area. Accessible to players by bus (driven by Kapp'n), the city offers a variety of activities. In the city, players can shop for clothes, accessories, and expensive furniture at Gracie Grace, a fashion boutique shop run by Labelle, a character of the same species as Mabel and Sable from the Able Sisters shop. Players can change their hairstyles, and choose to replace their face with that of a Mii at Harriet's beauty salon. The player can also go to Kicks the shoe shine skunk who changes the color of their shoes. Other activities available at the city use the Wii's Wi-Fi capabilities, such as an auction house run by Lloid, a Gyroid, where players can auction off items to other players via Wi-Fi connection, an office for the Happy Room Academy run by Lyle, where players can see how well other players' towns are progressing, and a theater to learn emotions from Dr. Shrunk at 600 Bells a show. Redd will return, but again, a password is needed. Tom Nook will return as well as the Able Sisters. Katrina is returning and runs a small fortune telling shop in the east wing of the city."

Imput Methods (Controllers, etc.): Wii Remote, Nunchuk and Classic Remote, Wii Speak, USB keyboard, Nintendo DS.
    No GC controller

Here are the features to City Folk that have been confirmed:

1) You have the ability to use WiiSpeak, a device used so you can communicate with others during online play. It acts like a speakerphone and picks up all the sound in your room. It will be sold separately at $29.99.
    2) There is an auction house to bid on items and sell some as well, run by a talking gyroid named Lloid.
    3) Hills and cliffs in the game environment!
    4) You are transported to the city by a yellow bus, driven by Kapp'n. Bus station lies next to the town gate.
    5) Town gate is still the same.
    6) Real life holidays are back, such as Easter (Bunny Day) Halloween, New Years...
    7) You can send letters to the Wii Message Board through town hall, can also send to friends.
    8) Gracie has her own store in the city. Named Gracie Grace. Run by someone named Labelle.
    9) Harriet's hair salon resides in the city as well.
    10) HRA building in the city with Lyle supposedly in charge.
    11) Tom Nook has the same old shop and you can upgrade it as well.
    12) Able sisters shop is back. 8 designs can be added same as previous games.
    13) You can use your Mii as a face for your character (done in the hair salon run by Harriet).
    14) Katrina is returning.
    15) Museum is back, with catching bugs and fish still in the same. Digging up fossils is also back.
    16) K.K. Slider is back.
    17) Gyroids are back.
    18) Brewster the pigeon who serves coffee is back. Coffee shop is also back.
    19) This game uses the capabilities of WiiConnect 24.
    20) There is room for 10 neighbors in your town and possibly more.
    21) The back and front of shirts are different.
    22) New clock and menu.
    23) There is a "shoe-shine guy." Confirmed that if he is payed in bells he will change the color of your shoes to match your outfit.
    24) There is a bin to throw away items.
    25) Basic tools are all back: watering can, timer, net, fishing rod, net, axe,slingshot, and shovel.
    26) Confirmed fruit: pears, apples, oranges, cherries, peaches (most likely all original fruits are returning)
    27) You can bid on your friends items in the auction house through online. They must be on your friends list.
    28) Each individual in their town gets their own house. 4 files/4 houses maximum. Houses are scattered around town in a random location.
    29) There is a movie theater in the city which is run by Dr. Shrunk. He charges you 800 bells for the entrance fee and inside you watch a film which teaches you a new emotion that cannot be deleted. Emotions serve the same purpose as previous games.
    30) You can build snowmen in the winter.
    31) Constellations are back.
    32) HRA Building in the city allows you to check rankings of people with the most HRA points around the globe, and you can see the score of those on your friends list.
    33) You can send letters to people's cell phones and email.
    34) The Bonus Points system is still used when purchasing items from Tom Nook.
    35) Town flags are back.
    36) The maximum files you may have per town is 4, along with the max of 4 people total in someone's town during online play.
    37) You can still communicate to others through the keyboard from Wild World. Keyboard has a different design this time around.
    38) No motion sensing controls used in gameplay such as fishing and swinging your axe. Can be used for walking or running around town though.
    39) New menu still holds 15 items.
    40) Nook and Ables are not next to each other, though still both in your town.
    41) You can take screenshots in-game and send them to other people.
    42) There is an ATM machine in the city.
    43) You can carry 9,999,999 bells.
    44) Maps for your town are generated randomly.
    45) You can switch between tools by using the D-Pad.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36379.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Wii

I don't know about you guys, but I'm VERY eagerly awaiting this game and I think it's amazing how they are combining both elements of the original Animal Crossing, and Wild World.
    Screw the Xbox 360.

Discuss
    Last edited by mrfruzzle; 10-13-2008 at 05:56 PM.
    Wii FC: 3033 0676 9948 9703
    SSBB FC: 5198 5229 2644
    Xbox Live Gamertag: duckbin

Does anyone know that when you trnasfer your character to your AC:CF town, does your town name remain the one that you had in Wild World?

Blog Entries

I find it interesting that they're not putting forth any effort to stop hacking in the new AC. You can transfer your items from the DS game. Hacking is obviously going to continue...
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

Hacking will continue, but it won't be as abundant as in AC:WW. Mostly because the hacking program available for the Wii is harder to use than an AR (and obviously most of the people who use AR don't even know how codes work, and are always like "i need this code and that code and i need codes for acww, my friend told me i have version 1.3 so plzzzz help)

I thought you could only transfer items into City Folk by what your character is wearing. I heard nothing about being able to transfer items in bulk.

Anyways, I'm probably not even going to hack AC:CF,
    1. I don't know how.
    2. It kind of takes away the fun of the game. After I've accomplished everything legit, I might look into trying to hack it.

Bump, Editted post.

Also The game is Now called:
    Animal Crossing: Lets go to the City
    Last edited by Oni-Neoxes; 10-14-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Where'd you hear that?

Blog Entries

Actually, it will still be called City Folk in North America. That's all ACC has said. (you might not be banned because ACC is screwing up right now for everyone)