Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My DS Lite Broke =(

Default Re: My DS Lite Broke =(

hmmm but i think it may be posible to get evrything out of the case and then place on a table and connect all the wires and touch screen and evrythig me and my friend did it with my old gba and ds... but it took ages... bout 6 hours for the ds and 3 for the gba... but the gba didnt work and the ds had lots of lag...

Well, I know I said I will buy a new one "soon" on January 23, but I'm actually getting one tomorrow.
    I think.

That happened to a friend of mine. Her DS snapped in half at the exact same spot, I can even see a small crack appearing on mine too.

If your ribbon cable hasn't snapped yet you can buy a replacement shell and put all the guts into it.
    My friend ordered a Shock-Shell (I don't recommend this brand, very flimsy and low quality) and I did the replacement for her (came with a "tri-wing" screwdriver for those nintendo screws).

Check out this guide and figure out if you're up to the challenge: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6264776...7594277451148/.

Some online stores sell OEM cases (presumably stolen from warehouses) that are 1:1 quality of the original case.
    It took me about an hour to do it all.

Thanks a lot, but unfortunately the ribbon snapped on mine >_<

I like the "probably stolen" casing lol......

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

It is entirely possible to buy a new top screen: http://www.modchipstore.com/NDS-DS-LITE ... 16366.html

I bet if you searched around you could find one for less.

Although... with all the cost of parts (shell + screen) you're looking at a substantial chunk of the original price, so it might be best just to suck it up and buy a new DS...

Good luck though. If you do end up trying to repair it I might remember some pointers for the actual disassembly that would come in handy.