Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My DS Lite Broke =(

Default My DS Lite Broke =(

Read the full story at my blog http://speaker.game-hackers.com/blog/?p=6

Default Re: My DS Lite Broke =(

Aw, man! That must suck. The looks of the damages tell that it wasn't just broken by weary manufacturing, but instead, broken by force. Did you drop it, or hit it? Play too hard with the little thing? That's what I did to mine. I was playing Metroid Prime Hunters, and I held the DS too hard and one hinge cracked. A little heat does quite well on plastic.

Do you know what it will cost you to repair it?

The cracked hinges seem to be a flaw in the DS' design considering the amount of people having this problem. A crack appeared in my lite's hinge but, I had it repaired (for free) before it ended up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xdite396rw
    Aw, man! That must suck. The looks of the damages tell that it wasn't just broken by weary manufacturing, but instead, broken by force. Did you drop it, or hit it? Play too hard with the little thing? That's what I did to mine. I was playing Metroid Prime Hunters, and I held the DS too hard and one hinge cracked. A little heat does quite well on plastic.

Do you know what it will cost you to repair it?
    I didn't drop it or hit it at all. i took very good care of it. read my blog post and i mentioned that a lot of people are having the problem and i took very good care of it. link on first post.

It seems it's always the right hinge. I've had my DS Phat for a few years and its still good as new exept the fading colors where I hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by My blog
    So, I called Nintendo today, and I asked them about getting the cracked hinges on my DS lite repaired....
    Read the rest at http://speaker.game-hackers.com/blog/?p=7

oh yeah well take a look at my old one:

Update: the screen totally fell off today :]
    getting a new one soon

you should do something cool with the old one or are you getting it fixed???

Quote Originally Posted by silversanti
    you should do something cool with the old one or are you getting it fixed???
    The top screen is detached. The DS won't boot. Just flashes a white screen