Thread: Log in/Register issues

Blog Entries

Talking Log in/Register issues

It has come to my attention (as of 11/3/07 at 10:53am EST) that the board log in and register functions are being a little temperamental. If you are having any issues logging in or registering then please contact us about it. Since you can't PM, just visit the Staff page of the site and e-mail Virus. I'm also available in the IRC channel if you would like a faster response. From there, we will give you specific instructions on how you can log in if you are having any problems. We are sorry about this bug, and we are working on fixing it. The reason behind it? Well, let's just say the site is going through some changes
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Default Re: Log in/Register issues

This issue does not seem to be occurring for me. As Vash said, if you are experiencing this problem, feel free to contact me by e-mail or IRC. Be sure to check your cookie settings on your internet browser(s) and allow cookies from game-hackers.com.

Edit:
    I can confirm now that this issue was a cookie problem. I made some changes to the board configuration that may have fixed this issue.

It fixed it. I couldn't get on yesturday

I will be messing around with the cookie settings for a bit so, you may have some problems logging in for awhile.

Attention!

If you are experiencing login/register issues, follow these steps to (hopefully) resolve it:

Internet Explorer 7
    Click Tools -> Delete Browsing History
    Click "Delete all..."

FireFox
    Click Tools -> Clear Private Data
    Check Cookies if it is not already checked
    Click "Clear Private Data Now"

If this does not help, please contact me at [email protected] or in our IRC channel.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

To erase cookies on Internet Explorer 5 or 6
    1. Exit Internet Explorer, and then exit any instances of Windows Explorer.
    2. Click Start, click Run, type inetcpl.cpl, and then press ENTER.
    3. On the General tab, click Delete Cookies in the Internet Properties dialog box, under Temporary Internet Files.
    4. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.

Due to new procedures that Yahoo has recently taken in an attempt to fight spam, if a mail server sends around 10 e-mails to Yahoo accounts over a short period of time, they start "deferring" new e-mails coming from that server. Because of this, I am now blocking users from registering with Yahoo e-mail accounts.