Thread: Wii Popularity

Blog Entries

Default Wii Popularity

I think we all underestimate the amount of Wii owners out there. I know I certainly did. I knew it was the best selling console by a large margin, but it really hit home today. I was in my class and the classes focus strayed (as it tends to do). The professor asked how many people in the room own a Wii. What was amazing? Everybody raised their hand. This is a room of a good 32 people. Every single person said they had a Wii at home. I was just amazed by this. I had no idea...
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Working at Blockbuster, I have noticed that for sure, the day we get a shipment in it was pretty much sold, and how many people come and rent for the system, that don't look like they would even play video games, and having old people ask me questions about games, and how good they are. Hell my grandma even owns a Wii. I unfortunately don't touch my Wii that often, mainly 360, PS3, and comp. Haven't played a Wii game in like 4 months now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killergp123 View Post
    Working at Blockbuster, I have noticed that for sure, the day we get a shipment in it was pretty much sold, and how many people come and rent for the system, that don't look like they would even play video games, and having old people ask me questions about games, and how good they are. Hell my grandma even owns a Wii. I unfortunately don't touch my Wii that often, mainly 360, PS3, and comp. Haven't played a Wii game in like 4 months now.
    I haven't played my Wii in quite awhile. I also own a PS3 and 360 but I don't play those a lot as well. I expect to be obsessed with my Wii starting on the 16th though

What comes out on the 16th?

Blog Entries

What comes out on the 16th?
    Animal Crossing City Folk

oh ok, never tried the AC games, was hoping for something full of violence or even a non-violent FPS game. What is the attraction to the AC games? Like, what do you do in them, that so many people love them, never looked into what it was like.

Blog Entries

It can be quite addicting, if you get past the 5-year old feel. I know a lot of people in their 30s and 40s that are completely addicted to the DS game. The IGN boards are full of those people. Honestly? It just pulls you in from the start. Nobody knows why...

Oh and that FPS? It's going to be The Conduit next year. Be excited.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Blog Entries

oh ok, never tried the AC games, was hoping for something full of violence or even a non-violent FPS game. What is the attraction to the AC games? Like, what do you do in them, that so many people love them, never looked into what it was like.
    Well, for the AC:WW game, it's basically how you can meet friends and do fun things together. Playing offline gets boring very quickly though. And, I probably wouldn't have played it so long if I didn't buy an AR (using codes that make the game even more fun)
    I'm still considering whether or not I should mod my Wii so I can hack on AC:CF, but I probably won't until I play the game mostly through. I don't like cheating on new games.

My Wii is already modded, so that isn't a problem for me, I might try it out.