Thread: Research on "modders" and "skinners"

Default Research on "modders" and "skinners"

Hi everyone!

I am doing my doctoral thesis (PhD) on the practice of skin making and modding as well as other productive (fan) practices around computer games (machinima videos etc). If you are making skins or game modifications, I would be very happy to interview you for my study.

Because I am not able to travel everywhere, unfortunately, and wish to conduct the interviews IRL, I am mainly interested in people who live in England (UK), Copenhagen (Denmark) or Finland (and southern Sweden).

If you think you would like to participate or would like to hear more, please send me an email. I will then send you more information about me and my study.

Thank you very much in advance!

hanna

Blog Entries

Default Re: Research on "modders" and "skinners"

I will do an interview online. Unfortunately, I'm not located in the UK. Sorry...
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

i belive that is a bot :/

Hi all,

me - a bot?? nope.

I just wanted to send some clarification about my study. Based on player feedback and some considerations I have decided to do my interviews online, via email, Skype or similar. So in case someone would be more willing to participate now, please contact me. I can send you much more info personally.

And in my case, 'doctoral thesis' has nothing to do with doctors in hospitals and similar. I am interested in cultural and social things related to skinning and modding, like why do you do it and how do you feel it is important.

I hope more people are interested in my research now.

hanna (i is a zombie bot, i can has brainzzz, brainzz )