Thread: Remove/Reset Friend Code in Animal Crossing City Folk rvforest.dat

Default Remove/Reset Friend Code in Animal Crossing City Folk rvforest.dat

Hi all, I would like to reset/remove the saved friend code from a savegame so the game can request again to the server.

PID should be in the offset 40 to 43 of rvforest.dat and if I have understood correctly the PID is what form the Friend Code so I should just edit that but the savegame becomes corrupted so reading around I have learnt there is also a checksum, can you help me please to edit/remove/reset the PID correctly or at least explain me how to edit the checksum too?

Isn't there a tool to just reset the FC?

Thank you in advance

The servers have been shutdown, so I assume you are trying to connect to a custom one. There are actually several checksums throughout the save data (most of which are just a standard CRC32). The data you are trying to edit has a checksum at offset 0x20. The checksum is calculated over 0x111C bytes of data, starting at offset 0x24 and ending at 0x1140.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    The servers have been shutdown, so I assume you are trying to connect to a custom one. There are actually several checksums throughout the save data (most of which are just a standard CRC32). The data you are trying to edit has a checksum at offset 0x20. The checksum is calculated over 0x111C bytes of data, starting at offset 0x24 and ending at 0x1140.
    Thank you!!! Finally after about 10 days of research someone who can answer me and explain me in a simply way how this works. Thank you again!

Ok so I know this post is almost 2 years old, but I'd like to clarify a couple of things...

I have a more detailed post explaining the issues I'm having with old friend codes and Wiimmfi in their forums, but my other option is to attempt to erase it altogether so Wiimmfi can generate a new one. I can get the save game using the extractor tool, but what do I use to edit the hex values? The ACToolkit? Do I just zero out the fields or...?

The ACToolkit cannot edit or erase your friend code. You will need to use a hex editor to manually edit the data. After editing the data, the checksum mentioned in my first post will need to be updated.

Hi, signed up because I also had questions about clearing my old PID from my ACCF save for use with wiimmfi. Sorry to necrobump.

I've tried modifying the data at offsets 40-43 to '00 00 00 00' and then update the checksum at 0x20​. However, AC:CF still complains that the save is invalid.

I've created a gallery to show what I'm doing: https://imgur.com/a/iSpo3

Are there any other checksums or data that need to be updated?

That looks correct. Before making any changes, can you verify that the checksum at offset 0x20 can be calculated correctly (i.e. does your hex editor produce the same CRC32 that is currently stored at 0x20)? If so, it is possible there is another checksum that requires updating or the game does not like the value you are saving to 0x40.

I've been looking at this post awhile, and I'm trying to figure out how this works, what are some of the things I need to understand before I do all of this?