Thread: Someone please advise simple steps to importing new maps/towns (not just acres)

Default Someone please advise simple steps to importing new maps/towns (not just acres)

I am new to hacking. I cannot find anywhere on the net a simple step by step to importing a town/map into animal crossing using actoolkit.

I have tried but am only able to import into acres. When I try to import the BIN file associated with the map I get an error message (wrong file type).

The maps I downloaded off the net only came with ONE BIN file, not two. Do I need to download a map that contains 2 BIN files?

I found a site that I downloaded some town maps, and it gave me only 1 BIN file. This BIN was then imported into acres... but again I can't seem to import it into TOWN.

Hope the above make sense. I want more than just the acres layout. I want the houses, terrain, trees, etc., of the creator.

If ANYONE could please post an easy to understand step by step that would be SUPER UBER animalastic!!!
    Last edited by cybordolphin; 08-28-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Ok... forget the step by step.

Can anyone tell me how to import more than just the acre layout? I want all the trees, etc., from the downloaded map/town.

It appears that in order to use someone elses map/town. Their download MUST include 2 BIN files (one for acres and one for layout (trees, etc). Is this correct? And if this is correct does anyone know where there is a good place to download some map/towns?

Thanks!
    Last edited by cybordolphin; 08-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Not sure about exporting and importing, Ive done it long ago and dont quite remeber. It wasn't hard at all.

If you would of done a little searching around the forums you would have found the town sharing thread. Which you recently posted in. Anways here it is.

http://game-hackers.com/threads/1623...nimal+Crossing