Thread: Problem w/ Invalid Items

Thumbs down Problem w/ Invalid Items

I keep finding invalid spots (hex = FFE0) on my CF town map, but only after I use the RTWE code. It happens in areas where there are terrain items. Generally spots where there are flowers. In game if I try to place an item in the spot it will say that there isn't any room to place anything there, even though I don't see anything. I've erased the FFE0 spots in game (with the 'Remove any glitch spots/invalid items' and 'Single Acre/Full Town Real-Time Search And Replace' codes) and in actoolkit.

Any ideas on why? It's been going for almost 2 weeks. The only changes I've done since it started were removing homebrew for a few weeks, upgrading to 4.3, reinstalling homebrew with Smash Attack and switching from WiiCM to CheatManager. I haven't noticed any issues with my other saved files on the Wii so it seems to just be City Folk. (¬_¬")

I'm stumped on what's going on

I had this problem too, but mine i erased with ac toolkit and they never came back. just as you described i used real time world edit and got these too. Do you have your RVFOREST.DAT file backed up, you could switch to that and may get rid of the problem, and just try remaking the town. Not sure if someone else could clarify better.

Do you still use the RTWE? If so do you get this when you use it?

Sadly I made a brand new town last night and used the RTWE code again. When I checked the town this morning I had the invalid spots again. I'm going to switch back to WiiCM and see if that gets rid of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fangirl squee View Post
    In game if I try to place an item in the spot it will say that there isn't any room to place anything there, even though I don't see anything.
    You could use RTWE to clear the space as well, by typing "FFF1" as a text (without the quotes) above the head.

Quote Originally Posted by fangirl squee View Post
    ...switching from WiiCM to CheatManager.
    FWIW, I use codemanager (PC application) to convert the codes from text file format to gct file format, and it always works fine for me. Do you have other codes in addition to RTWE in your ACCF gct file? If you could share your codes (in the text file format), then I could perhaps try to see if there is anything wrong about it. One easy way to check whether the problem is with your current RTWE code or not is to remove all other codes and just use RTWE and execute the same steps as you did and see whether the town has those invalid items or not after that.

Hope that helps.

Yes fangirl I still use realtime world edit and works fine,if i recall correctly, using fff1 didn't help as it still didnt let me place items down, but they were removable through act toolkit for me, as conanac said it may be one of your codes.

Conanac, Using the RTWE code to place the FFF1 over the FFE0 was one of my first tries at fixing this. Sorry I didn't mention that..
    Since I last posted I tried turning off all of the other codes besides the RTWE twice. The first time one of the codes I turned off still started but I think that might just have been an error on my part. I just tried again a few minutes ago (placing a bunch of trees with the RTWE and then saving) and no invalid spots. Last night I removed all of the codes from the txt file and placed them in directly from my original code list from all of the codes I've gathered. It worked fine last night when I turned off my Wii and started again. This morning the invalid spots popped up again. I'll send you my txt in a moment.

Thank you both for your help. It's just weird it started happening out of the blue >.<

I'll send you a link to download my txt file for my codes.

I finally got this figured out >.<