Thread: Valve denying EA games

Blog Entries

Default Valve denying EA games

Smart? Dumb? Thoughts?

Since Valve basically has the PC market cornered with their Steam service, they have started to deny EA games (including Battlefield 3) from being on their service because EA has launched a competing service, Origin. Do you think they can force EA out of the digital distribution market and back into the loving embrace of Steam? Do you think EA will miss out on that much of the market for going off and doing their own thing, or do gamers not even care how they get their game?
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

It really depends on two things in my opinion.

One will EA lift their ridiculous limitations on install counts.

Two will people cope with EA priced games? Low cost games are one of the main reasons I choose to use steam and the cost is kept down by a lot of competition between Indie developers, however EA won't have any competition on Origin so 39.99 a game?

Given the new constraints on my time I simply can't justify such an expenditure on a game I'll play so rarely.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    they have started to deny EA games (including Battlefield 3) from being on their service because EA has launched a competing service, Origin.
    This is actually incorrect. Crysis 2 was removed because The License agreement actually conflicted with Steam's Terms of Use. Dice also Stated they didn't want Battlefield 3 on Steam is because when they released Bad company 2 on Steam, They had to make completely Separate Patches for the game which took a month or 2. So they released the update and everyone Non-Steam updated, Steam users got mad and had to wait. Dice hated it so they aren't really liking the idea of having to making 1 patch but 2 different Times.