Thread: savegame installer icon not appearing on homebrew menu

Default savegame installer icon not appearing on homebrew menu

My savegame installer icon will not download onto the homebrew channel menu so I have been trying to use savegame manager GX to install my edited data for Animal Crossing City Folk using AC Toolkit. I keep trying to install using the software but it won't allow installation and it brings up an error message saying that there is no save found in the directory. What should I do or what do i need to correct? Please help I am a noob at hacking.

Download it manually from:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

Put it in the apps folder on your SD card.

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Area51_Hacker2 For This Useful Post:

Default Save_game installer

Quote Originally Posted by Area51_Hacker2 View Post
    Download it manually from:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

Put it in the apps folder on your SD card.
    Thanks for reply, but it is in the apps folder. I cannot figure out what to try. the savegame_extractor is in the same apps folder and has installed the icon but save_installer will not.

Have you made sure one of the files in the folder is named boot.dol?
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SonicHyuga For This Useful Post:

Default Save_game installer

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHyuga View Post
    Have you made sure one of the files in the folder is named boot.dol?
    Hi, Yes I have. I am baffled because the save_game extractor icon did load into the homebrew menu and that is in the same apps folder as save_game installer. I am hoping that somwhere on the internet someone has spelt out the exact procedure and placement of files so I can follow through and see if any of mine have been misplaced. Thanks for reply.

And if you had actually clicked on my link you would have seen that it's an 'all-in-one' application so you would only need one icon if you used that, the structure is all ready correct you just need to copy the Savegame-manager-v1.0 folder into your apps folder.

Cheers,
    A

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

The "meta.xml" file for save-installer is broken. It has unescaped < and > characters in it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <app version="1">
    <name>Savegame Installer</name>
    <coder>Waninkoko</coder>
    <version>2</version>
    <short_description>Installs dumped saves from your SD card</short_description>
    <long_description>Copy the savegame you want to install to the SD card (directory "wiisaves/<game id>", just keep the directory structure created by the "Savegame Extractor").

Run this application.

Insert the game DVD and press RESET or A button (Wiimote not supported).</long_description>
    </app>
    Simplify and change it to this, and it should work. It did for me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <app version="1">
    <name>Savegame Installer</name>
    <coder>Waninkoko</coder>
    <version>2</version>
    <short_description>Installs dumped saves from your SD card</short_description>
    <long_description>Run this application.

Insert the game DVD and press RESET or A button (Wiimote not supported).</long_description>
    </app>
    Z.

sounds good to me will come back soon and leave reply..