Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with makeing codes.

Ahhh yes and no At some points i got lost and didn't know wat 2 do.

Lets start with this:

Basically, there are three main types of data writes. There are 32 bit writes, 16 bit writes, and 8 bit writes. The only difference between these is the amount of data they hold.

A 32 bit write contains 8 characters of data (which looks like XXXXXXXX). All addresses are 32 bit writes (at least for the DS).

A 16 bit write contains 4 characters of data, or half as much as a 32 bit write (the 16 bit looks like XXXX). Things like items in the game Animal Crossing: Wild World are all 16 bit data writes.

An 8 bit write contains 2 characters of data (half as much as a 16 bit write, and a fourth as much as a 32 bit write)(8 bit writes look like XX). Acres in the game Animal Crossing: Wild World are 8 bit pieces of data.
    Edit: Reading that should take you back to the ARDS CodeTypes I posted on the previous page. When using the ARDS Codetypes:

Code:
    0XXXXXXX YYYYYYYY @0 is the codetype (32Bit), X is the address, and Y is the value
    1XXXXXXX 0000YYYY @1 is the codetype (16Bit), X is the address, and Y is the value
    2XXXXXXX 000000YY @2 is the codetype (8Bit), X is the address, and Y is the value
    After reading that, you might think, "why certain codetypes have different values written to them" or something familiar..and thats when the quote above comes in handy. See if you can understand this first before moving on.
    Last edited by Demonic722; 04-12-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6293-3106

0XXXXXXX YYYYYYYY @0 is the codetype (32Bit), X is the address, and Y is the value
    1XXXXXXX 0000YYYY @1 is the codetype (16Bit), X is the address, and Y is the value
    2XXXXXXX 000000YY @2 is the codetype (8Bit), X is the address, and Y is the value
    So what your saying is theres always 8 numbers at the 2nd part of the code and for the 16bit you put 4 zeros and that is used for items and 8 bits you put 6 zeros and that is for land correct???

Demonic i have to go to bed could you teach me the rest tommaro or you can just PM me but i would rather have you on so you can teach me tommaro.

What I'm saying is that different "Bit-writes" hold different amount of data.
    The "0 Codetype" is a 32-Bit and can hold as many as 8 characters of data.
    The 1 codetype can hold as many as 4 and the 2 codetype can hold as many as 2.

Example of Codetype 0:
    Code:
    021D891C 0001869F
    Example of Codetype 1:
    Code:
    121D88FE 000013FF
    Example of Codetype 2:
    Code:
    221D8FC8 00000001
    32-Bits hold twice as much as 16-Bits and 4 times as much as 8-bits.
    16-Bits hold twice as much as 8-Bits.

You have to keep re-reading it to fully understand the basics first..
    Edit: Its really late where I am so I'll be back on tomorrow, but while I'm gone you should re-read
    the tutorial a few times so you can fully understand it.
    This could help right now:
    Code:
    Bit Writes:
    •8-bit writes=2XXXXXXX 000000YY
    •16-bit writes=1XXXXXXX 0000YYYY
    •32-bit writes=0XXXXXXX YYYYYYYY

•8-bit= writes up to 0-2 digits
    •16-bit= writes up to 3-4 digits
    •32-bit= writes up to 5-8 digits
    You could also use this as a tutorial (one I made a long time ago once your ready for ASM):
    Last edited by Demonic722; 04-12-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acwwman View Post
    So what your saying is theres always 8 numbers at the 2nd part of the code and for the 16bit you put 4 zeros and that is used for items and 8 bits you put 6 zeros and that is for land correct???
    I must've read this incorrectly the first time, but there are 16 numbers/letters total on one line of an AR Code.
    8 on the first half, and 8 on the second half. The reason why 4 zeros are added because a 16bit can only write up to
    4digits therefore, the zeros are there and the Item and the land are not the only things in the game that are 16 and 8bits though.
    The emotion slots are 8bits as well since they only write up to 2 digits. Technically speaking, you can use codetype 0 for codetype 1
    and codetype 2 since the 0 codetype holds alot more data than both of them. But, its best to use the data-write that corresponds to the
    amount you need because if you used the 0 codetype for an emotion code and say if you only wanted to edit one emotion, since the 0 codetype
    is 4 times as much as the 2 codetype your technically editting more than just that slot.

Should i really learn how to make codes or should i just quit because im really confused.

I think thats up to you XD. If you're really interested in making codes, you're gonna have to be determined and put a lot of effort into it.

Do it man, do it!