Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How not to hack animal crossing city folk lol check this out

Default How not to hack animal crossing city folk lol check this out

Click to play video.

youtube.com/watch?v=PVDvuKDBqWE

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DNAPRODUCTIONS For This Useful Post:

Haha, how/why did you do that?

How I did it was I got a hold of tom nooks store brres file I tried to modify it in a bunch of different programs that support brres files.
    As to why I did it was to try and make some of nooks store into hdlc but as you can see if you mess with nooks store it becomes very broken
    but i'm not done yet i'm still going to try and put nooks whole store in my house XD

Blog Entries

Best of luck to you. Very interesting start
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Quote Originally Posted by DNAPRODUCTIONS View Post
    How I did it was I got a hold of tom nooks store brres file I tried to modify it in a bunch of different programs that support brres files.
    As to why I did it was to try and make some of nooks store into hdlc but as you can see if you mess with nooks store it becomes very broken
    but i'm not done yet i'm still going to try and put nooks whole store in my house XD

Awesome. Good luck, be sure to post pictures/videos.

Update on my how not to hack animal crossing project.
    New video features golden fountain pale blue houses and a cool hacker bus

Click to play video.

youtube.com/watch?v=lhBuzPQva4A

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNAPRODUCTIONS For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Wow those are awesome! Are they visible to other players on wifi?
    Always willing to help with anything, code-related or not. :]

Not yet but i'm hoping to make that possible.

Cool videos.

re: Are they visible to other players on wifi?
    Unfortunately most of the graphics are only local to your one town (ie. they come from the game disc, not over the web). So for the really custom graphics (like the tripped out bus) visitors will not see any difference -- unless you burn them a special game disc.
    The non-graphical effects of the hacks *will* be seen by visitors. For example when your character walks over buildings or mountains, the visitor will see that effect in their version of your town -- ie. your character flying in the air, but with their town graphics.
    Similarly they will see the moved bus stop location. If they could take the bus, they would see it with their non-custom graphics.
    The exceptions (where graphics are sent from the hacked Wii town to the visitor town) are: NPC custom graphics (see NPC_Tool), DLC item graphics (see ITEM_Tool and family), town layout (ACToolkit town/acre editing layout of standard graphics) and custom patterns (see PattView).
    Semi-related topic: http://game-hackers.com/threads/1678...ation-Requests

When you mix the different approaches and add your own custom graphics on top, you can come up with some interesting combinations.
    Good luck
    Last edited by DsPet; 11-03-2010 at 11:53 AM.

What I was planing to do was make some sort of code that temporarily installs the hacked texture into the wii system memory of the people you visit on wifi and when you leave it uninstalls them