Thread: netflix channel

Default netflix channel

Is there a way around updating the system menu to get the netflix channel that was just released?

I'm still running the twilight hack. :/

You might be able to download a .wad.

Otherwise try user waniniko's 4.0 updater.

You need Netflix service to do this... or the channel is useless. Sure you could download a .wad, but unless you have service... whats the point? And if you do have Netflix, why not order the disk from them? It's free... Messing with .wad is never good unless you know what you're doing.
    http://siestacat.webs.com/GetAttachment.jpg

@hyperonion - Thanks. <3

@siestacat - I already have netflix/the disc... the service should be a very obvious if I or someone else wanted the channel . I was just curious if there was a way to load it without the disc.. since the service just became available for Wii users. Thanks though.

Not sure whether you want to try SNEEK or UNEEK approach, but this way allows you to keep your real NAND at the system menu and a set of IOS version of your choice (i.e. to be able to use twilight hack), and to have other emulated NANDs with the latest version of IOS and system menu/channels (i.e. to be able to play with the latest games or channels).

Just for my curiosity, I did try downloading the Netflix channel through the shop channel while running UNEEK+DI, and the channel runs OK with the set-up that I have. Since I dont have the subscription, I just stop at the code screen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to conanac For This Useful Post:

Sorry... really didn't understand your initial post. Don't know if this interests you, but netflix just went disc-less on wii, available for download from the shop. In theory, with proper wii shop IOSs, you could do it that way now... Link Don't know if you need netflix service to download the channel in the first place. Well you're at, check this out too. Link Maybe you already know of the Wii shop download, and I am just rambling..
    http://siestacat.webs.com/GetAttachment.jpg