Thread: How do you run rvforest.dat in a readable, editable format?

Default How do you run rvforest.dat in a readable, editable format?

Before I go on to ask my question I realize it's poor taste to make your first post a topic but I really want to get this project out of the way.

For quite some time I've been wanting to write a program similar to the popular Anicro Desapro, however I want to be able to have my program take the converted pattern information and replace it inside of an Animal Crossing save file. I've extracted the save file however I can't read the darned thing and am have no idear what the popular method of reading the file is.

I assume that the pattern information is stored in the .dat file, but I wanted to know what the method for extracting it in a readable format is. I know that programs such as PattView and the AC Toolkit actively modify this file but I want to know how they were read in the first place.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

http://game-hackers.com/threads/1797-PattView-Tech-Info

Everything you'll ever need to know about patterns. PattView also already has a way to convert ACS to PAT files and import them to your gamesave.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Ah, thank you so much, I'ma get to work, wish me luck and stuff... I'll need it.