Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DiiLC version 1.0 has been released

You are overwriting your save game that DiiLC had added the info to by installing the back up save to the Wii again. DiiLC reads the save file on the Wii, not the backup on the SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutophin View Post
    Hi Conanac, I can't get the DiiLC to work for me. Here's what I do. BTW, I'm a NTSC-U user. (USA)
    1. Extract my save game data with Waninkoko's Savegame Manager version 2.0
    2. Load up DiiLC.
    3. I press A on my Wiimote.
    4. I see alot of things keep scrolling down with "...OK" by it
    5. It takes me back to the HBC browser and I install my save data.
    6. I load up AC:CF on my Wii and I don't see Pete or Wendell.
    My RVFOREST.DAT is in WIISAVES > RUUE
    The DLCSETTING.XML is in my main SD Card folder.
    Before conanac answers, I just want to say his number of posts is 1"69". Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutophin View Post
    Hi Conanac, I can't get the DiiLC to work for me. Here's what I do. BTW, I'm a NTSC-U user. (USA)
    1. Extract my save game data with Waninkoko's Savegame Manager version 2.0
    2. Load up DiiLC.
    3. I press A on my Wiimote.
    4. I see alot of things keep scrolling down with "...OK" by it
    5. It takes me back to the HBC browser and I install my save data.
    6. I load up AC:CF on my Wii and I don't see Pete or Wendell.
    My RVFOREST.DAT is in WIISAVES > RUUE
    The DLCSETTING.XML is in my main SD Card folder.
    Sorry for the delay in responding (I was out of the country for a while). Hopefully, you have figured it out yourself what the problem is.

Since DiiLC only downloads available contents when it runs, it will only process those (for example, at this moment, no item/design is available, but perhaps tomorrow we will see a new item from KR region). And I need to know how you set the dlcsetting.xml (i.e. if you set Pete and Wendell to deliver item/design from US region, but US region has neither item nor design, then you will not see Pete/Wendell).

Thanks Conanac for your app!
    I am having troubles to run DiiLC 1.2 and I need a little help.
    Everytime I start the app,it shows me a message that buffer failed and it exits.
    What am I doing wrong?

There are no DLC items available on the Nintendo servers at the current time (the US version has a letter with a built in item)
    [I keep predicting that they've run out of new DLC items, but they keep surprising me]
    The last new item was the "cucumber horse" - furniture item (released August 2010 in JPN), now gone from the server.

DiiLC can still be used to download items from conanac's special server.

Quote Originally Posted by panmusic View Post
    Thanks Conanac for your app!
    I am having troubles to run DiiLC 1.2 and I need a little help.
    Everytime I start the app,it shows me a message that buffer failed and it exits.
    What am I doing wrong?
    That error message could be generated by one of these three issues:

1. The savegame file (i.e. RVFOREST.DAT) is not stored in the location stated in the dlcsetting.xml file (therefore, the application fails to open such a file and should terminate)

2. The size of savegame file is bigger or smaller than it should be (therefore, the application stops the process to make sure it is not a corrupted one or it could be some other file but somehow has the same name and location as defined in the dlcsetting.xml file)

3. The application cannot create temporary file (e.g. TEMP.DAT) as defined in the dlcsetting.xml file

I would think there is more probability that it is the first one. Check your dlcsetting.xml content. Since DiiLC v1.2 creates a new dlcsetting.xml (with version number = 2), then you may need to edit it again to get the right location where you store the RVFOREST.DAT file.

Let me know if this does not solve your problem..

I keep getting a 'decrypt failed' message when I try to get the DLC items. The HDLC items load just fine though. Any ideas on why that is?

The line that says 'setting up to get file rvforestdl_us.enc...' is the last line I get up to before I get the failed message. I edited the .xml file to the default setting from the wiibrew page and that didn't work either.

eta - i'm using version 1.2

FYI, I have put a small update (v1.2.1) to allow Kapp'n (or other non-Nintendo) as the sender of the letter as well as to fix a bug related to the hexcode number of non built-in item, so you need to use this new one.

In terms of your problem, did you include the following in your edited version of .xml file:

<dlc>
    <ipaddressdlc>63.84.95.25</ipaddressdlc>
    </dlc>

and the version number should be:

<version>
    <versionnumber>2</versionnumber>
    </version>

Now, from time to time Nintendo changes its server IP address, so you may need to
    do the following:

1. Use cmd.exe (to get windows prompt) and type:

ping nwcs.wapp.wii.com

2. Then you will see the following results (I just ping-ed a few minutes before this posting):

Pinging a1661.g.akamai.net [80.12.97.51] with 32 bytes of data:
    ...(other info)...
    ...(other info)...
    ...(other info)...

3. You could use that IP address (i.e. 80.12.97.51) to replace the one in the .xml file:

<dlc>
    <ipaddressdlc>80.12.97.51</ipaddressdlc>
    </dlc>

Most of the time you don't need to do this. But in case this happens, then that is the reason
    why I put in the .xml file the IP addresses for both DLC and HDLC servers.

Let me know if this does not work for you.
    Last edited by conanac; 09-15-2010 at 09:37 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to conanac For This Useful Post:

Made this for ya:

Got some new renders, so I thought I'd use them for this.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SonicHyuga For This Useful Post:

Thanks for your help! Everything is working again.