Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DiiLC version 1.0 has been released

My guess, is that you have to have the latest version. (which is 1.1)

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DiiLC
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

Thanks for that, but I'd already downloaded it this morning. Is there somewhere I can get hold of an idiot guide's to installing DiiLC, as I must be the only person who can't work out how to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    Conanac, I have tried to understand the technical stuff about DiiLC, but a lot of it is going straight over my head.

You said that I can edit the "dlcsetting.xml" so that I can get Pete and Wendell to deliver items from a different region.

My ACCF (and Wii) is PAL, and I would like to get the new Korean DLC, but I don't understand HOW I can change the dlcsetting.xml so that Pete and Wendell can deliver them to me.

Any help would be gratefully accepted
    Let's start with the default example of "dlcsetting.xml" file that I put in the DiiLC webpage (in wiibrew.org website).

Since you have PAL version you need to change first the savegame file location/stored in SD card (use RUUP for PAL):

Code:
    <savesdir>
           <sdirname>sd:/WIISAVES/RUUP/</sdirname>
           <sfilename>RVFOREST.DAT</sfilename>
    </savesdir>
    That assumes that you use Waninkoko's savegame extractor/installer wiibrew applications.

Then you just need to change the KR region section of player number for both item and pattern:

Code:
    <krregion>
           <krlettername>ltrkk</krlettername>
           <krletterplayer>5</krletterplayer>
           <krletterslot>4</krletterslot>
           <krpatternplayer>5</krpatternplayer>
           <krpatternslot>4</krpatternslot>
    </krregion>
    That's all, leave the rest the same. Player number 5 are Wendell (for pattern) and Pete (for letter/item). And for them, the slot numbers are meaningless, since they will bring pattern and letter and give those to each character in the game.

Try that and let me know whether it works or not.

Cheers.

I've changed the KR section as above, and still it doesn't work.

This is what I do just in case you see immediatly what I'm doing wrong (which wouldn't surprise me, lol)

1. Run Waninkoko's Savegame Manager version 1.0
    2. Extract storage device: Wii SD Slot (but I can use USB 2.0 Mass Storage Device, as I have games saved on there)
    3. Run DiiLC (I have version 1.1)
    4. Install save back to Wii SD Slot.
    5. Start game.

So what is PAL....i am lost at that part so you did better than me!! I use ACToolkit, Homebrew, and I am lost on how this newest program works.

PAL is the region for the UK/Europe/Australia areas.

Quote Originally Posted by tcm1998 View Post
    I've changed the KR section as above, and still it doesn't work.

This is what I do just in case you see immediatly what I'm doing wrong (which wouldn't surprise me, lol)

1. Run Waninkoko's Savegame Manager version 1.0
    2. Extract storage device: Wii SD Slot (but I can use USB 2.0 Mass Storage Device, as I have games saved on there)
    3. Run DiiLC (I have version 1.1)
    4. Install save back to Wii SD Slot.
    5. Start game.
    Let's find out a couple of things:

1. Which folder that you see RVFOREST.DAT file in your SD card (do you see it in WIISAVES/RUUP?). So you need to make sure the "dlcsetting.xml" contains the right path/folder name for that RVFOREST.DAT file.

2. Which messages that you saw when you run DiiLC, after you had pushed button A to start the process for DLC, did you see something like processing us region, then jp region, then eu region, and finally kr region with message like the following:
    "Processing kr region: Setting up..., Downloading..., Decrypting..., Pete..., Wendell"?

If it is a successful run you also should see "Saving buffer to savegame file" message at the end (with OK).

Sorry, Hit enter by accident.
    Last edited by pmariani; 06-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.

If I can ask, the DiiLC program goes in the apps folder on the SD card? When I did it that was it is showing the DLC document outside the folders on the SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by pmariani View Post
    If I can ask, the DiiLC program goes in the apps folder on the SD card? When I did it that was it is showing the DLC document outside the folders on the SD card.
    Yes DiiLC folder (that contains boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml files) should in the apps folder, and the dlcsetting.xml file should be in the main folder (or root directory) of the SD card. When DiiLC application runs, first it will check whether the dlcsetting.xml file exists in the main folder, if it could not find that file (or if it could find the file but the version is not version 1) then it will create the new one (i.e. version 1 with the content the same as described in the DiiLC webpage).