Thread: [iPhone - Doodle Jump Mario Skin]

Default [iPhone - Doodle Jump Mario Skin]

As the title suggests I have completed my Mario skin!
    After I finished my test Snorlax skin last week I almost immediately started work on a deluxe skin that looks as good as it sounds!

(Que awesome promo image and awesome music*)

Features:
    Custom Enemies/Bosses
    Custom Platforms
    Custom Character
    Custom Springboard Icon**
    Custom Background
    Custom Powerups/Springs/Trampolines
    Custom Loading Screen

and in the spirit of giving back I'm releasing this to you all for FREE, the only thing I ask is that you don't share the download links in order to encourage people to sign up to the site which isn't really much to ask its not as if the registration process is difficult

"OMFG that is totally awesome how can I get it???!??!!"

Well as it is free you will have to do a little work for yourself so here goes the guide:

You will need***:
    A Computer connected to Wi-Fi
    A Jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch with a version of Doodle Jump since, I believe, Easter as I have installed the skin in the Easter costume slot accessed by setting your name to Bunny in game - I could with relative ease port, on request, this skin to a different slot if you required it.
    A Wi-Fi Network
    iFile - installed from Cydia there is a limited version for free which is sufficient for this but if you like the app support the developer and buy it
    A copy of said skin.

Step 1.
    Groundwork:
    Ok the first thing to do is create your revert zip this is in the event that you want to revert to the original Doodle Jump/You somehow end up with a corrupt version of the skin/You screw something up in a more general sense. To do this open up iFile and head to var/mobile/Applications and find your Doodle Jump folder.
    (From iFile settings you can make it display the name of each app above the serial number which might make it easier to find if you have many apps!)
    You'll know you've got the right folder when you see a bunch of subdirectories one of which is DoodleJump.app.

Tap Edit>Double Tap on any file/Directory>Tap Zip Icon>Give it a name something obvious like Master Restore!****

Then let it zip this could take some time.

Step 2.
    It's-a-me Mario!
    Inside iFile take a look at the first five or so characters of your app serial number and then hit the Wi-Fi icon which will open up connections over your network. Pop the information provided into your favourite internet browser (I've tested the most recent build of Mozilla Firefox on Fedora Core 12, Mac OSX 10.6.3 and Windows 7 and it works well) and then navigate to your DoodleJump folder - aren't you glad you know what your serial number is ^^
    Scroll to the bottom and click Browse>Navigate to your 1Mario.Skin.DoodleJump.iPhone.zip file>Hit Upload!

Step 3.
    Click done on your iDevice and find your 1Mario.zip file click on it and choose Unarchiver when the menu comes up.
    Wait.
    Smile as its finished

Step 4.
    Reboot Springboard or your iDevice this will enable the custom icon though this step is optional if you care little about the icon.

Step 5.
    PLAY!

Notes:
    Due to the complexity of the Game tiles sheet I was unable to include numbers, do not panic when your High Score/Score doesn't show up at the end of the game they're still there and switching to any other skin will make them visible.

While this skin is in the Bunny slot due to interdependencies of the skins you may find other skins in the game glitchy image wise though no harm should come to your iDevice

When reverting rather than expanding the entire revert.zip you can simply locate the modified files and expand them individually from the zip viewer option in iFile

You do all these modifications entirely at your own risk.

I welcome any video adverts or guides as long as they don't provide the direct download link, please let me see what you produce!

"OK! I've read your stupidly long guide and I understand all the risks involve let me have the skin **** it!"

Download Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gtgnkv0wtym

Password:
    area51hacker
    I believe it is case sensitive ^^

Annotations
    * - You must provide this yourself
    ** - Requires at least restart of Springboard and possibly restart of device
    *** - It's possible to do this without making use of the Wi-fi network but I've never experimented and I guess you more than likely have one but feel free to PM me if you have a weird situation.
    **** - Because of the large number of files I tend to start the names of all my zips with 1 e.g. 1MarioSkin.zip though there is no requirement to do this if you don't want to.

Edit:
    Try iFunBox as another way of editing the files and let me know how it goes - http://www.i-funbox.com/
    Last edited by Area51_Hacker2; 04-21-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Update/Typos

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Area51_Hacker2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Hahahahahahaha nice job AH, love it.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

I was thinking I might do a Sonic skin next and possibly experiment with sounds? But if there are any requests!

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Blog Entries

Awesome work. Love seeing this kind of stuff.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vash For This Useful Post: