Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help Pete for distributing HDLC (by testing DiiLC wiibrew application)

Ah, OK!
    So DiiLC puts the codes in the savegame and then you can put the actual items somewhere (storage, pockets ..) with ACToolkit, where you can get them ...
    Last edited by Goner; 03-03-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Yeah after you've used DiiLC, the new items should appear in "Downloaded Content"-part. Just make sure you drop the items and pick them up if you place them in your pockets with ACToolkit, otherwise they won't show up in your catalog.

Or you could use cheat codes, like Real-Time World Edit (RTWE) or Text-to-Item (TTI) codes. That is the reason why i put the hexcode of the item on the screen when DiiLC process the items.

I typically do the following steps (without the need to use PC/computer):
    1. Extract savegame from Wii to SD card
    2. Run DiiLC to insert the new item data (and write down/remember the hexcode to be used later when playing the game)
    3. Install savegame from SD card to Wii
    4. Play ACCF (through geckoos) and use RTWE cheat codes to create the item on-the-fly.

Cheers.

^ The above only works for City Folk though, those codes haven't been converted for Let's Go to the City (last time I checked).

But since I play CF, I'll have to try that.

I'm playing "Let's go to the city" ... I ran DiiLC and it downloaded DLC from the Japanese and Korean servers (blossom lamp and flower bouquet). Put the savegame on my PC and AcToolkit (1.3) had the new items in the "Downloaded content"list, so it works (or do you mean codes in RTWE ?)
    Haven't restored the savegame to the Wii. I am interested in all those 'hacking' tools, but so far haven't really used them to put items in my game
    Last edited by Goner; 03-04-2010 at 02:50 AM.

I tested It This Is What It Looks Like.

We Need To Work On It To Support Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by -XIV- View Post
    We Need To Work On It To Support Wifi
    That would be a terrible option IMO. The HDLC "infection" scare from items showing up in Able Sister's is still running rampant. As if they don't see the items in their catalog/store they aren't "infected". (¬_¬) Keeping items out of the catalog IMO seems to be the best option..

Speaking of which.. Conanac are you planning on releasing any items through DiLLC in the next few weeks?

Unfortunately, I have not got any chance on thinking more of the next HDLC since these days I have been playing with SNEEK (SD-Nand/ES Emulation Kit) application, and putting together simple tools/gadgets so I could use it easier. Last time, I have thought about using items from Mario Kart Wii as new HDLC. But with Nintendo keeps releasing new DLCs (and now we also have KR region), I think we already have a plenty.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or idea.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by conanac View Post
    Unfortunately, I have not got any chance on thinking more of the next HDLC since these days I have been playing with SNEEK (SD-Nand/ES Emulation Kit) application, and putting together simple tools/gadgets so I could use it easier. Last time, I have thought about using items from Mario Kart Wii as new HDLC. But with Nintendo keeps releasing new DLCs (and now we also have KR region), I think we already have a plenty.
    Quite true. Nintendo has been pumping out a lot of DLC items so far this year...
    I haven't played Mario Kart since it was on 64 so I don't know all of the items on there.
    Personally I like accessory items the most. The blue carnations were a great release since they can double as accessories and furniture.. although since there are already hacked slots for both accessories and furniture I don't really know how that would work for nonhackers.

Kimbap plate DLC (from Korean region) is already available on the server if you want to use DiiLC to grab it.
    Here is the picture: