Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Pete for distributing HDLC (by testing DiiLC wiibrew application)

Quote Originally Posted by King Zanto View Post
    does it work on EU Wiis too?
    My expectation is yes it should work (assuming the RVFOREST.DAT structure for all regions the same between ACCF and ACLGttC). But I think you need to edit the file dlcsetting.xml (created by the tool if this file does not exist in the main folder or root directory in SD card) to point to the right folder (default folder for US version is "sd:/WIISAVES/RUUE" for using Waninkoko's savegame extractor and installer applications).

If you could test and let me know that would be great. Thanks in advance.

ya it worked wuhay nice app

You have ti edit dlcsetting.xml with RUUP for EU Version
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <setting>
    <savesdir>
    <sdirname>sd:/WIISAVES/RUUP/</sdirname>
    <sfilename>RVFOREST.DAT</sfilename>
    </savesdir>
    <tempdir>
    <tdirname>sd:/</tdirname>
    <tfilename>TEMP.DAT</tfilename>
    </tempdir>
    </setting>
    Last edited by King Zanto; 12-18-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Great, thanks again for testing it.

Out of curiosity is the reason why Pete can't deliver an x region DLC to y region through this application because of the different languages? Or because of much different setup between the game and wii system by region?

Sorry if this counts as a bump.. :/

I think it is possible, but I tried to design DiiLC as a simple application that could grab three regional DLC simultaneously (if all of them are available on the server, so I dont need to choose, just grab all of them). And the savegame file could only have Pete to deliver one letter/present at a given point of time. Furthermore, even for one region, there are choices of different languages in the letter data. I will check more on this when time is permitted.

But I did it for HDLC because it had never been done before (AFAIK), and just for a laugh among wiibrew users that we could employ Pete to deliver HDLC (not just DLC).

This Question is pretty much for Conanac

Are you going to update your apps DiiLC to download from the Korean server if there is one?

I will be more than happy to do that once we know that it has a separate distribution (than currently available: JP, EU, and US).
    If anyone know the URL address for this version then let me know.

Cheers.

Looks like you found the Korean server too ... just ran DiiLC (only had to change the location of rvforest.dat) and it downloaded from the Japanese and Korean servers.
    Now, before I restore the savegame ; where does DiiLC put the items ?? It says at the end that the items (codes) were inserted, but where ? Just curious ...
    Last edited by Goner; 03-03-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goner View Post
    where does DiiLC put the items ?? It says at the end that the items (codes) were inserted, but where ? Just curious ...
    After I've used DiiLC I use ACToolkit to put the new items outside in my town and then pick them up after reinstalling the savegame, not sure if there's a more sophisticated way for doing this.
    Last edited by nanuk; 03-03-2010 at 04:58 AM.