Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey i need help with a project.

Default Hey i need help with a project.

I have heard of software that controls/scans USB traffic. I need such a program to get the protocol for action replay ds cable thus I could load my own code onto the ram in a similar way to the ARDS

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Default Re: Hey i need help with a project.

Not possible. If you want to view/modify the DS' ram, buy a trainer toolkit or use an emulator.

I'm sorry but this is possible. Use a USB traffic snooper to find the protocol. Send data down the usb cable with this protocol, use the ARDS's inbuilt memory dumping function!

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Since when can the ARDS dump ram?

Since you can take it out without losing the coding.

It would help if I understood what that meant. The ARDS does not have the ability to dump the DS' ram without using the trainer toolkit in conjunction with it.

Ok I presume you have an ARDS (*inhales*):

1.Insert ARDS
    2.Turn on
    3.Eject ARDS
    4.Insert Game
    5.Select Cheats
    6.Start Game

3.Eject ARDS
    Once you have removed the ARDS were is the remaining code coming from?

The ARDS code handler is stored into the ram at 0x023FE074 (unless re-located by a master code). The trainer toolkit allows you to dump, view, and modifiy the DS' ram. This is something that cannot be done with the ARDS alone.

Edit:
    Technically, the ARDS modifys the ram using the cheat codes.

I am 99% certain it can be as it loads onto the RAM there is a way to override using the USB 's protocol and send whatever I want down the cable. All I need to do is make sure that when it gets there the ARDS can use it.

Blog Entries

Allow me to end this. The ARDS is a custom cheat engine that stores all of its contents in the DS RAM. It does not in any way, shape, or form have the ability to dump the RAM. The only reason you can remove it is because of how the ARDS works. It stores all of it's information from the cheat engine in the DS RAM. Once it's in, you can remove the ARDS. The section of the RAM it stores in will not refresh until you restart the DS.

I don't know what you hope to accomplish with a traffic snooper. Even if you found the correct information, all you could do is send more ARDS codes which is completely pointless. The ARDS does not dump the RAM. You could not access the RAM through the USB. Buy a trainer toolkit.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView