Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanooki - NSMBWii Save Editor v1.2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by siestacat View Post
    Vashy. You should upload a sample file for those of us without a wii to mess around with. I'd like to see how the program works.
    Kinda illegal >_>

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

For those that are planning on using this tool for development I recommend you setup your wii to use a hard drive and usb loader such as wiiflow. So that you can test quickly, update quickly and test some more. Here is the best guide that i have found to set that up....I recommend using wiiflow the other loaders gave me issues(you can just google wiiflow)

setting up usb/sd loader for fast development
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-usb-hdd.html

For the record tool working very well hacked a stage and it worked with out a problem.....
    Last edited by kgp4death; 11-20-2009 at 07:27 PM.

i found good luck with cfg loader and this but i think i may have found something if anyone can tell me if this can do what i hope its for ide love to see its a way for the use of the classic controller but im not sure

its called extensionControllerClasic.arc it in the layout folder is it what i think it is???

could this be used to get it to work

NSMBWii has not been sold yet in japan.
    Does it support the japanese version?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon-Snake View Post
    NSMBWii has not been sold yet in japan.
    Does it support the japanese version?
    Works with all versions...

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Blog Entries

Here is my 100% save file for NSMB Wii. BTW this is for the NTSC version, although im gonna post some very helpful information that allows users to convert their NSMB save from PAL to NTSC and vice versa.

I did not discover this method, I just tried it when my save was pal, now its ntsc and all is working perfectly. So for you with the PAL game, take this save and convert it to PAL and you can have 100% also.
    There are like 2 star cannons that I didnt get to, also I didnt rescue the toads. But every level is unlocked and every star coin is also collected. I just figured this may help with any Tanooki users.

Convert instructions are as follows.

1. First move your NTSC-U save to the SD (for backup purposes). It's the one that says "A new Mario adventure!"

2. Run NSMBW and create a new NTSC-U save without starting the game (you can exit the game after the "creating new game save" message).

3. Open Savegame Manager and select "extract" and "SD".

4. Find your NSMBW saves (should be listed twice, one for each region) and extract them.

5. Now take your SD card and put it in your computer.

6. In the root of your SD card you will find the "savegames" folder. Make a backup of it just in case.

7. Open the "savegames" folder and you will find two more folders. The one that ends with "45" is NTSC-U and the one that ends with "50" is your PAL save. Open the PAL folder (00010000534d4e50) and open "wiimj2d.sav" with your hex editor.

8. The very first thing you should see on the text side is "SMNP". Change the "P" to "E" (yes it is case sensitive) and save.

9. Copy the edited "wiimj2d.sav" to your NTSC-U folder (00010000534d4e45), and delete the PAL folder.

10. Now insert the SD card back into your Wii and launch Savegame Manager.

11. This time select "install" then "SD" and install your NSMBW save.

12. You can delete the PAL save file after you confirm it works. The PAL one says "Play Mario with your friends!," and as stated above the NTSC-U says "A new Mario adventure!"

Remember this is for PAL to NTSC so you'll kinda have to do opposite of the steps.

I took the time to set up the PAL save for anybody that doesnt understand the instructions. Always back up your save in case anything goes wrong though. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

http://www.gamemanx.com/wii/hackers-...or/2009/11/18/

"Two psychedelic North American hackers, Virus and Vash, have hacked the New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Wii within days of it's North American release. Virus and Vash has released a level editor named Tanooki, which allow users to edit current levels of the game and replaces them with their own. Another level editor hack entitled, REGGIE!, was also released by coder Treeki. Both of these hacks have more potential then what the imagination can handle. To bad that these hacks only work on computer and ran off of emulation. Just remember, things can happen if you put your mind into it people. The sky, well the flagpole, is the limit."

LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by GameManx
    To bad that these hacks only work on computer and ran off of emulation.
    x1
    Curses! Character limit...

Reggie looks a lot better with the GUI interface for the levels no offense. But I've yet to test it so I cant account for its accuracy, but a GUI would be nice to have...