Thread: "HDLC Virus" Message spreading around on youtube

Hybrid View

> This spreads VERY quickly, and most people estimate that by 2010, only 1/1000 of people who use Wi-Fi in Animal Crossing: City will not have the "HDLC Virus."

That is one of those "DLC hater" propaganda postings.

-----
    FWIW: Taking it seriously for a second (commentary and speculation)

Who are the "most people"? Which month in 2010?
    In January 2010 (135 days from now), the game is slightly over 1 year old and Nintendo will have released a year's worth of DLC items.
    Most of the 256 "slots" will be used up by Nintendo and their official releases (they are around 10% now). There is still plenty of room, but Nintendo gets the first shot.

However, in December 2010, the game is 2 years old and I predict Nintendo will have given up on AC:CF DLC. There are no new holidays to promote.
    The remaining DLC "slots" will likely be filled with Hacked DLC (whether good or bad ;-).

-----
    So to summarize:
    DLC does spread like a virus. Nintendo DLC spreads like a virus. Hacked DLC spreads like a virus.

The "1/1000" claim is bogus and without supporting data. That's .1% uninfected (ie. 99.9% "infected").
    In January 2010, not everyone using WiFi will have DLC and/or HDLC. That's unrealistic.
    In December 2010, everyone using WiFi will have DLC and HDLC (I predict something closer to 100% ;-)
    Last edited by DsPet; 08-19-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Lol and the source they gave me was: http://accf.wikispaces.com/hacked+dlc
    I agree with DSPet, in a way any DLC spreads like a virus even though it cant really do any harm like that wiki says, "Your town will become infected and overload". xD

Quote Originally Posted by thunder13 View Post
    Lol and the source they gave me was: http://accf.wikispaces.com/hacked+dlc
    I agree with DSPet, in a way any DLC spreads like a virus even though it cant really do any harm like that wiki says, "Your town will become infected and overload". xD
    If anyone has an account there they should edit the article for the hdlc page and the hackers page. Followed by contacting the moderators so that the correct information stays up and can't be edited in the future without permission.