Thread: Problem with the SaveInstaller for ACCF

Default Problem with the SaveInstaller for ACCF

Ok, I have a friend who's trying to edit her AC town and was able to install homebrew, ACToolkit and the SaveExtractor & SaveInstaller files. She claims to be following the procedure correctly; making the changes to her town, applying them and saving on the uploaded game file on her SD card. She even double checked on the SD card with ACToolkit and the changes were still there. However when she uses SaveInstaller, none of the changes show (wilted flowers, no tan, no new emotes, etc...) meaning that her town reverts back to its original state. My first thought was that her card was locked. She said it wasn't. Another is that she updated her Wii firmware to 4.1. Now I know that this doesn't affect my game as I did the upgrade and everything works fine for me. However I installed homebrew before upgrading to 4.1 whereas she didn't. Could this be the problem? I don't think its an incompatible SDcard as she was able to extract her town to the card and use ACToolkit.

Any feedback on this or similar issues would be greatly appreciated.

This is a very important thing before extracting.

You must play the game FIRST then extract/edit/install.
    Sky Rail has been released: http://youtu.be/QFvbNFgsIGY
    Check out my orchestration of New Leaf's 8PM: https://soundcloud.com/sonichyuga/an...ing-new-leaf-8

I'm not sure if her card is an SDHC card or not. I'll find out tomorrow. She tried first a 1GB card then a 2GB one and had the same problem.

Supposedly homebrew is supposed to work with higher capacity SDHC cards but I know others who have had problems with those still. Those that did use high capacity cards DID have error messages when trying to upload their game data. My friend who is having problems now did not and all seemed to go well until she loaded up her game and saw that none of the ACToolkit changes she made took place. It seems that she is successfully able to upload her game file and the problem seems to be with reinstalling it on her Wii.

I forwarded her the instructions that I used on the wiibrew website and it worked fine for me. Unfortunately she lives on the other side of the country that I do so I can't do it in person.

Blog Entries

I helped someone with this same error once. They had mistakenly had 2 extractors, even though the icon was for the installer and extractor. So they kept extracting their save instead of ever installing it. Although this may not be the problem, it wouldnt hurt to redownload the installer and extractor. Or even better have her try the savegame manager 1.0. You dont even need the disc in the tray to extract or install the save. Here is a direct link. http://wiinewz.com/forums/attachment...nager-v1.0.zip