Thread: I bricked my wii (:()

Exclamation I bricked my wii (:()

Yup,While I was updateing my wii to 4.1 It turned off by my brother tripping over the power cord.I had preloader installed so thats not a problem,but my wii wont go to the system menu,it goes to preloader and says "Error autobooting system menu! Could not open boot file!".How would I be able to get my wii up and runing like normal?Will boot-it work?

[Btw:All people ho dont know preloader allows me to get to the homebrew channel without launching it from the system menu]

[The only thing I have is the 00000000072.app that I extracted from the wii menu using the softmii nand dumper,to edit my system menu theme]

Tell me which region your Wii is from and I may be able to help...

Here: http://rapidshare.com/files/25693564...epair.zip.html

1 Extract folder "SD card" to SD card root
    2 Open the Homebrew Channel (through preloader or Bootmii)
    3 Run WAD manager 1.4
    4 Install the "System Menu 4.0 USA.wad" file
    5 Restart the Wii after installation completes and attempt to load the system menu

I don't have much knowledge of Wii serial numbers, but if this can't be done on LU54 Wiis, don't do it. As far as I know, it's only on LU64 Wiis.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pimpsahoy For This Useful Post:

leave it to pimpsahoy to have a wad for everything.
    High 5!

I have a bootmii NAND backup if the WAD doesn't work. Presuming you have bootmii of coarse. You can probably install bootmii with preloader though.

lol, he unplugged it himself,i was on the phone with him,lol