Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it currently possible to downgrade a 4.0U wii without any cIOSs?

Default Is it currently possible to downgrade a 4.0U wii without any cIOSs?

So, I've been searching around for awhile, trying to figure out how to downgrade my Wii. I haven't found any solutions that would work without a cIOS. So, my question is...Can I downgrade my wii from 4.0 to 3.2 without a cIOS installed?

Why do you want to downgrade? As far as I know, all homebrew works with 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by siestacat View Post
    Why do you want to downgrade? As far as I know, all homebrew works with 4.0.
    I plan on installing individual channels for some homebrew apps, as well as skin my wii menu.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sora1234 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sora1234 View Post
    Same here but you can skin your wii and install individual channel apps using loadmii which works with wii menu 4.0
    Ah, that's useful info. I didn't know that...thanks.

Yes, There is no reason to need to downgrade. All the homebrew apps, wad manager 1.3 and 1.4 and softmii 3.0 works with system menu 4.0.

I have another question...how do I use/install softmii on 4.0 without a cIOS?

Just follow the guide that softmii has laid out for you for soft modding your wii to softmod 3.0 and you will be fine.

To skin my wii I used a nand dumper to dump my wii system menu on my sd card.Then went to my pc and used mymenu to combine the pokemon theme with my wii menu that I dumped.Then I renamed it to the original wii menu name.I think mines was 00000072.app so I renamed it that.Then I used the HB app called Softmii tweak toy,to install the pokemon wii menu theme into my wii.

The themes you install with the wii menu backup are in a .Mym format

Also I used loadmii to run the wad manager (boot.dol).Then using the wad manager (boot.dol) I installed the wad manager channel.With that I installed some homebrew apps as channels.