Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Town sharing thread

I used a megaupload file I got from Dark's site. It has the AcTool and another tool with the Mayor as a Icon. With Import and Export options. Not sure what version it is though.

What's the extension of the file? .map or .bin?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DDD For This Useful Post:

Well that's the funny thing most of the files I downloaded from your site. The have one or the other never both. Can you tell me the correct steps to do when trying to import a custom map. To my file if I know how to do it right. I know how what I'm doing wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheat5 For This Useful Post:

they're most likely compressed to a .zip or a .rar file. Can you please link me to the file you have downloaded so i know which one you're talking about?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DDD For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

"Note: most of these maps need Maniac's map exporter/importer." Didn't know someone still used that dark >.> Rofl. Hell. I don't even have that program on this computer...

As for the checksum stuff "Once again, since virus wouldn't give me the checksum routines you will have to load it in actoolkit (You'll prob get a bad checksum error...just click yes) then click file->save and all should be good. :]" Seeing as I was too lame to figure it out at the time..
    Last edited by Maniac; 06-27-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Well I have another question? When I try to use Actool 1.3, and it's import and export options. I go to import the new map. I pick the map and it says invalid file. The files I pick are bin files. It started to seem that most the files on the site just don't work.

Updated I finally figured out what was doing wrong I think. Thanks for the help.!
    Last edited by Cheat5; 06-28-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Blog Entries

If you use actoolkit select the .bin file, not the .map file.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    "Note: most of these maps need Maniac's map exporter/importer." Didn't know someone still used that dark >.> Rofl. Hell. I don't even have that program on this computer...
    xD When I made that site the only available tool was your map importer/exporter if I remember correctly. It was later on that 1.3 was released, so the site still contains .map files but newer files are .bin.

Ya that was the problem I needed to use import maps for some of them, and bins for others. Thanks again. Been wanting to redo my town, but not wanting to create my own map. I saw a few that I liked, and now I just have to add stuff.