Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Neighbors Sharing Thread

Blog Entries

Lol at the pucca one.. Really nice job btw

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

That is my interpretation of Charles. M. Schulz's Snoopy

The 3D prototype is Walker [obviously a dog]

Thanks to my friend Demerzel to give us all the way to share new neighbors here and for his great work on our italian forum about the "custom folk"...

A special thanks and all my respect to DsPet to make it possible!!!

Could someone run me through how to do this?

I've been going to the NPC tool, making sure i have the right prototype and then exporting the textures. Then i went into NPC02 folder (Walker) and dragged all the files from the snoopy folder i downloaded into it, replacing the files.

I then went back to the NPC tool but when i tried to import the textures i got 'Missing or bad GBADecmp.dll'.

Am i doing something wrong?

have you tried to re-download the tool with a new GBAecmp.dll?

All the other steps are good, a "missiing or bad dll" error is new for me, sorry
    Last edited by Demerzel; 03-16-2009 at 11:49 AM.

I've just downloaded the newer version and it works fine. My bad lol.

Thanks for your help

Just thinking about these. If the custom neighbours are wearing t-shirts that go with their outfits shouldn't they be zipped in the file too?
    Last edited by shellideaks; 03-16-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Added a question :p

Does anyone have a Pikachu neighbor they would like to share? I'm awful at editing neighbor bitmaps and am dying for a Pikachu (rabbit-based) in my town. :O

Thanks in advance, if anyone has one!

Here's my question. All of these neighbors have textures for their body, but you don't see their bodies because they wear shirts. how do i get me some nekkid townies so I can see the awesome texturing of Cthulu and robocop squirrel?
    Everywhere at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Here's my question. All of these neighbors have textures for their body, but you don't see their bodies because they wear shirts. how do i get me some nekkid townies so I can see the awesome texturing of Cthulu and robocop squirrel?
    I don't think you can do this in-game. You can only check the body in the NPC folder - b0.bmp is the character body.

anyway, in the pictures above, Robociop is wearing the armor suite, Cthulhu is wearing caterpillar tee (you can to dress them with npcs tool)
    Last edited by Demerzel; 03-17-2009 at 06:36 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Demerzel For This Useful Post:

Default Mephistopholes

SO this will be my first contribution to the NPC sharing thread. I hope you like him. He's a demon goat named Mephisto.

This is the final Mephisto. First picture happy. Second picture sad. Those were the only two emotions I could get out of him in his house.

So I ran into a couple of snags when i was trying to upload some of the other custom tonies i dled from here, and I think I have some troubleshooting tips, thought they may have been mentioned previously.

I used the model for Chevre or whatever her name is. If it doesn't load up right the first time (says there's nothing new) just change something arbitrary in one of the bitmaps with windows paint, save it, and try again. A tiny dot at the very top (first two lines) of the eyes bitmap will not show up after wrapping the character's head in the texture. try that. Once again, if someone already mentioned this, I offer up my appy polly logies.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Omni; 03-18-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Updated the zip file and pictures to include edits made.
    Everywhere at once.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post

So I ran into a couple of snags when i was trying to upload some of the other custom tonies i dled from here, and I think I have some troubleshooting tips, thought they may have been mentioned previously.

I used the model for Chevre or whatever her name is. If it doesn't load up right the first time (says there's nothing new) just change something arbitrary in one of the bitmaps with windows paint, save it, and try again. A tiny dot at the very top (first two lines) of the eyes bitmap will not show up after wrapping the character's head in the texture. try that. Once again, if someone already mentioned this, I offer up my appy polly logies.

easier than this: overwrite the whole NPC's folder content whit all the modified bitmap plus the other files included (files.txt, new.bres, new.lz, raw.bres, raw.lz, skin.plt0). it should work without thouch the bmps

Pls try it and let me know