I have become obsessed with this townie house issue...

What determines the townie house styles?

I have read posts on other forums that people have posted pictures of their neighbor houses and they all say that it is the games region that is the determining factor.

This does not satisfy me because clearly in the pictures I have seen, and my own WIFI experience, I have seen a range of house styles in both the NA and PAL regions.

I'm wondering if maybe some of you who are much smarter about the "guts" of the game would have the answer?

It appears that each town has 2 general house styles... and it seems to me that no matter who moves in or out the general styles stay the same? Have I just not been patient enough?

It doesn't seem to be related to gate style or grass style. I thought maybe native fruit? Anyway... if I wanted to have a particular house style.. if I restarted my game until I found that style... could I expect it to stay the same? Or will they eventually change to something else?

I'm sorry if anyone feels this is a retarded issue... but like I said... I'm obsessed with this question? I'm dying to know!

Any answers/help would be much appreciated!