Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hacked" DLC - the New Plan (comments please)

Wow, I want to do it, but it is very difficult, no?

Blog Entries

I know, I saw that too >_>
    that's even better though. If they had all that commotion over the first few hacked items, imagine what it'd be like each month when a new hacked one is released. The ACC website would literally be ruined, there would be billions of threads asking for the hacked items.

Blog Entries

Illegally modded >_> lol fail... Anyways.... Stay on topic
    Last edited by Maniac; 01-25-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Default Staying "kosher"

So, just a question.
    Say I don't want any of these new DLCs created by this community, and want to keep my game "kosher" without the need to use any hack. And I want to keep WC24 on. Is there a way to prevent this content from getting to my game?

When a new DLC is released it will spread over WC24 like a virus and will take up a slot on the inventory, blocking it from further use (if you don't use external tools,) right?
    As long as someone has the new item in his/her inventory, it will be then passed to his/her friends, and keep spreading, right? (or I am missing something?)

So, is turning WiiConnect24 off the only way to prevent such DLC to reach your saved game?

Say Nintento release a new DLC that has the same code as one made by the community, what exactly may happen to people who have the item on their Wii? (and who don't use any sort of mod tools, or have no idea how to use them.)

I mean, I respect the will of other people to modify the game as they wish, I don't really care, it's their game, not mine. But the people who wants to play it like Nintendo suggest must be respected too. If they don't want to hack or modify their games, they have the right to do so.

But with DLC, they will get the items inadvertedly on their inventory, either they like it or not, right?
    So, if I'm understanding it right, they will, in a way, be forced to get the items, or turn WC24 off and limit their gaming possibilities.

If I understood things wrong, I'd really like to have it explained to me, if you don't mind. And I apologize if what I said offended anybody here.

Regards.
    Last edited by willie_caja; 01-25-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Fixed a few typos

Blog Entries

The hacked DLC isn't spread via WC24. It has to be manually handed out (by going to other towns etc)
    So in other words, you can only get the hacked items by visiting someone who has the hacked items, or by having them go to your town.
    Last edited by dragonboy269; 01-25-2009 at 12:44 PM.

I guess I'm not perfectly clear on one matter either.

In order for somebody else to have the DLC in their savegame, do they only need to be in the same town as me, do I have to actually drop the items and have them pick them up?

You're making it sound like if you're in a town with a person that has the item it will magically float into your savegame as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Summersett View Post
    I guess I'm not perfectly clear on one matter either.

In order for somebody else to have the DLC in their savegame, they only need to be in the same town as me? I don't have to actually drop and have them pick up the item?
    Let's say you go to someone's town with the hacked item in your inventory. When you arrive, it automatically gets added to their game. They won't have their own, but they'll now be able to see yours. They'll only get their own if you give them one, but it'll get added to their game the instant you enter a town/they come to your town.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    The hacked DLC isn't spread via WC24. It has to be manually handed out (by going to other towns etc)
    So in other words, you can only get the hacked items by visiting someone who has the hacked items, or by having them go to your town.
    Thanks for your answer!
    So, if I visit another town, and that person has the hacked item, it gets to my inventory, right? I don't even need to know that person has the item, is that it?

And what happens if someone visits me after I visited that town? Will he/she get the item too?

I know DsPet is trying to minimize conflicts there using the last slots, but you never know. So far DLC is not being used, but that could change. And with so many countries in Europe, the list can get crowded pretty soon.

Also, I'd like to know what happens when there's a conflict, since I've only seen vague references.

I've also heard that Nintendo has measures to prevent future conflicts with DLC. Do any of you have any info about that?

Thanks, really.

I really like what people is doing here, but it will have my support as long as it doesn't bother people who want to play by Nintendo's rules. They have the right to do that, and there's no need to ruin other people's game to be able to do new things with it.

Regards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willie_caja View Post
    Thanks for your answer!
    So, if I visit another town, and that person has the hacked item, it gets to my inventory, right? I don't even need to know that person has the item, is that it?

And what happens if someone visits me after I visited that town? Will he/she get the item too?

I know DsPet is trying to minimize conflicts there using the last slots, but you never know. So far DLC is not being used, but that could change. And with so many countries in Europe, the list can get crowded pretty soon.

Also, I'd like to know what happens when there's a conflict, since I've only seen vague references.

I've also heard that Nintendo has measures to prevent future conflicts with DLC. Do any of you have any info about that?

Thanks, really.

I really like what people is doing here, but it will have my support as long as it doesn't bother people who want to play by Nintendo's rules. They have the right to do that, and there's no need to ruin other people's game to be able to do new things with it.

Regards.
    Well, as far as I know, according to DsPet, if there is a conflict, the first item you got for that code is the one you keep. Let's say you got the lightsaber for item code ABCD. Then Nintendo releases DLC with the same item code. Well, then you'll keep the lightsaber and your game will ignore Nintendo's item. That may seem bad, but in the future hacked DLC will probably be a lot cooler than Nintendo's