Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hacked" DLC - the New Plan (comments please)

Hum I have an Idea...

Is there any possibility to to do an excalibur sword as an DLC ? You know with the graphics of the excalibur object whe can put in your house.

Hope you understand my Bad english...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mila View Post
    Hum I have an Idea...

Is there any possibility to to do an excalibur sword as an DLC ? You know with the graphics of the excalibur object whe can put in your house.

Hope you understand my Bad english...
    I don't think we'll be doing any more swords for awhile XD

Make Guitar DLC plz

> Is there any possibility to to do an excalibur sword as an DLC ?
    If you mean the master sword, probably not.
    It is too big right now, and is chopped.
    The other Japanese style swords (katana) are more likely.

Editing 3D models is tricky and limited. Creating items that are tweeked from existing graphics is most likely.

re: guitars
    Some guitars furniture items look promising to turn into a 'tool' like a sword or a net.
    http://aibohack.com/wii/teasers/guitar1.jpg
    http://aibohack.com/wii/teasers/guitar2.jpg
    Last edited by DsPet; 03-14-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add teaser photo

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post:

DDD

Wow DsPet, those look...funny, I guess XD (should have done a rock guitar or something)

And a little off your topic, but which would be easier, making a whole new 3D model or importing a model from a different game and trying to make it compatible with AC:CF?
    If you don't go right now and download Garry's Mod, Bill Cosby will look through your window at night.

> ...should have done a rock guitar or something
    > but which would be easier, making a whole new 3D model or importing a model from a different game and trying to make it compatible with AC:CF?

The 3D editing is very primitive. I suspect most people will be retexturing existing models.
    Creating new 3D items, or importing them from other games, may be possible in the future if someone else gets more interested in the game (ie. not me)

For my part, I am doing simple tweeks to the existing models in big chunks (groups of polygons as laid out by Nintendo). Nothing to the level of individual polygons or points.
    To set your expectations, the program is called "LMT" = Lame Model Tool.
    The full 3D format is not well understood, and making more significant changes creates invisible items.

For example, there are 4 guitars:
    Country guitar - has the stand separate from the guitar - that's the one I used.
    The other 3 have one polygroup that includes the guitar and the stand. Someone could review each individual polygon and separate them, but I'm looking for the most bang for the buck.
    Heres a graphic: http://aibohack.com/wii/teasers/guitar3.jpg
    NOTE: top 2 are the two *separate* polygroups for the country guitar and its stand. It is easy to remove the 2nd one with "LMT" and you have a stand alone guitar.
    Bottom image is the one polygroup for the rock guitar and stand tied together.

So don't expect too much.
    Last edited by DsPet; 03-14-2009 at 02:16 PM.

yay omg omg i'm sooo happy
    the guitar looks aweome
    thanks DsPet
    are you planning to release them?
    Last edited by DDD; 03-14-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks for your awser DsPet. ^^

So If you can do it with the Katana that would be awesome !

Blog Entries

Personally I think the next thing should be a net.. I'd rather wack people in the head with a guitar.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

I agree with Maniac on this one. I posted in the other thread about it. If it can't be an electric guitar, being able to hit people with the folk guitar would be enough. I'd have a lot of fun with that. I want to eventually make a Mario Hammer to hit people with. hehe.
    Everywhere at once.