Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hacked" DLC - the New Plan (comments please)

Does the EU version of the red Pikmin hat have a different ID than the Japanese one ($AEB0)?

> Does the EU version of the red Pikmin hat have a different ID than the Japanese one ($AEB0)?
    I *assume* it is identical to the Japanese release from last year. I haven't tested it.

If someone has a WiiBrew EU setup, can you please confirm:
    Install an old backup (one without DLC). Run EZ_DLC_Install to confirm there is nothing there.
    Then run the PAL version of AC:CF/AC:LGTTC. Do what is necessary to get the EU version of red Pikmin hat into your town from the giveaway (ie. from the Nintendo server)
    Then check the gamesave with EZ_DLC_Install. I suspect it will now report you have the "red Pikmin" hat installed. If it reports something else, please let me know.
    (if they changed it in any way, eg: fixing the typo for "red", then EZ_DLC_Install will detect it)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flutex For This Useful Post:

I would of helped but i accidentally deleted mine when laying out more supplies

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    The download comes from their servers. Here are the 3 URLs you can check to see what is happening at Nintendo:
    JPN version: http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com/ruu/rvforestdl_jp.enc
    EU/OZ version: http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com/ruu/rvforestdl_eu.enc
    US/NA version: http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com/ruu/rvforestdl_us.enc
    Hate to bug you, but Virus had told me there was a different US URL than the one you posted. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Dspet, will you be releasing any more DLC? I know that you're working on a program for it, but I'm curious if you're going to make anymore items yourself. If you are, how is progress going? Can we hope for a new release any time soon?

FWIW: I have a few test items, but they are silly.

It's on the backburner for a while. Give it more time. The game was relatively new when the first test release came out. The non-Hackers weren't ready for user created items (and they freaked out). Many people are happy waiting till next month for the US release of the red pikmin hat...

As far as the tools go, the current bottleneck is the 3D model layout (how the polygons and other data are put together). This requires more reverse engineering. Once that is figured out, many more things will be possible.

I had an idea, though it may be awkward. You bring up a valid point that people freaked out about the user made material taking up slots. I think it's ridiculous. But what if you were to release your silly test items that we are all so eager to see, but do so under the same hex slots as the original test items? that way, wiibrew users could just remove the first ones to test out the new ones and even change back if they wanted to, but people wouldn't have to worry about it taking up more slots in their game. AND it might demonstrate how harmless the overlap possibility (which is being generous with words) really is. Just a thought. I don't even know if it's possible, but I'm selfish and want to see your silly items. Thanks for the wonderful addition you've made to a series I have long enjoyed. I think it's just fantastic.
    Everywhere at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I had an idea, though it may be awkward. You bring up a valid point that people freaked out about the user made material taking up slots. I think it's ridiculous. But what if you were to release your silly test items that we are all so eager to see, but do so under the same hex slots as the original test items? that way, wiibrew users could just remove the first ones to test out the new ones and even change back if they wanted to, but people wouldn't have to worry about it taking up more slots in their game. AND it might demonstrate how harmless the overlap possibility (which is being generous with words) really is. Just a thought. I don't even know if it's possible, but I'm selfish and want to see your silly items. Thanks for the wonderful addition you've made to a series I have long enjoyed. I think it's just fantastic.
    That's an excellent idea We could test the items for you and give you feedback about them

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I'd like that very much. Unfortunately, it would be hard to prove that we were trustworthy enough to handle such items without completely leaking them all over the internet (unless that's the purpose, which I don't think it was).