Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hacked" DLC - the New Plan (comments please)

Hey guys! I've got a few words to say, as well as a few suggestions for new HDLC

clears throat aheem

DSpet shouldn't give up on this project, why? because he is one of us! he wants cool stuff in the game as much as we do! nevertheless, I don't really think releasing a tool to make our own stuff would be a good idea.... why? because no matter how much you trust others, there's gonna be always someone who will screw things up. Sorry to say this, but those people are everywhere, I just watched a video on youtube of some hacker stealing from another player, yeah! somehow he got the full code that lets you pick up furniture in other people's houses, but! his is working on WiFi (stealing real people) So, I think it should be better to leave the HDLC tool just in the hands of the creator, well, he needs help making cool items i know, but as I said before; that tool can be passed down and copied, and it could eventually fall in the wrong hands... but i don't know about this, I'm just saying what I think. oh and I agree 101% that Nintendo releases cool things but also bad things, pikmin hat = cool, top = not cool.... but yeah! Ninty is lazy making more stuff for their games, so this is the perfect chance for fans to make what fans want!
    now on the HDLC suggestions, lets see.

Dark Hero's Cap and Shirt (this would be awesome! to be Dark Link and I think it's pretty easy to make, just modify the colors of the original cap and shirt)
    Skull Kid's Top, and Midna's Skin (well those masks need some official shirts, maybe? I've seen some awesome patterns out there that would work perfectly for this)
    Mr. Game and Watch mask and Shirt (this would be nice and creative, even Ninty would be thrilled with this I bet)
    I'm not sure up to what point HDLC can go but, maybe make a Master Sword (from axe) and at the same time make it look like you have a Hylian Shield on ur left arm.
    Super Saiyan Wig (this would be really awesome! the name says it all)
    With all due respect of the missing characters from brawl, there could be at least a Mewtwo mask ( I bet Pokemon fans and all those disappointed that Mewtwo didnt make it for brawl would love this)(yup I'm one of them)

What do you guys think? I hope you like those items or at least may give you more ideas for more cool stuff to make.

haha we could always just make the shirts with the pattview and just share them on the patt share thread rather then make new clothes

I'd like to see some more furniture items. Like a laptop like Lyle has. I new widescreen TV, like a flat panel plasma instead of the clunky one they have now.

If there was a way to kinda merge two items, it would be cool to see the phonebooth item merged with the lab chair so that the phonebooth had the electrical current at the top. Then it would look like Bill and Ted's time machine LOL.

I'm not so sure it's possible to run a code that allows one to steal furniture from someone's house. With skillful video-editing, however, a convincing hoax video can be made. And DsPet is talking about releasing a tool that allows you to test in your own town, but not release over wifi. I don't think it's as big an issue as you are making it out to be at all.
    Everywhere at once.

But he did say that people would eventually figure out how to get it over wifi. (Hi again btw )

As for the code that does exist, people here have the older version but it got changed for that reason exactly.

What i don't get is if someone could steal someone elses furniture why bother, i mean they can hack, why not just hack that too. Seems like they steal just to steal. Not that stealing because you want it makes it any better lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I'm not so sure it's possible to run a code that allows one to steal furniture from someone's house. With skillful video-editing, however, a convincing hoax video can be made. And DsPet is talking about releasing a tool that allows you to test in your own town, but not release over wifi. I don't think it's as big an issue as you are making it out to be at all.
    It is possible... the code just got reedited so it wouldnt work on wifi to prevent abuse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    ???? I have a code that let's me place/pick up items in someone's house over wi-fi. It works just fine. You can even wi-fi with me if you want. I'll go to your town and pick up/place anything you want me to in your house.

Blog Entries

A little off topic, but the Red Pikmin Hat is now available in the US.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    ACToolkit - NPC_Tool - PattView

Nit pick: the red Pikmin hat is released for the EU version (PAL version, also the same as the Australian "Lets-Go-To-The-City")

The DLC itself is not country specific.
    The download comes from their servers. Here are the 3 URLs you can check to see what is happening at Nintendo:
    JPN version: http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com/ruu/rvforestdl_jp.enc
    EU/OZ version: http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com/ruu/rvforestdl_eu.enc
    US/NA version: http://nwcs.wapp.wii.com/ruu/rvforestdl_us.enc

If you click on the URLs only the EU one has data right now (don't bother to download it, the files are encrypted). But if the file is there, that means they are in middle of a giveaway (for that region)

=======
    > I'm not so sure it's possible to run a code that allows one to steal furniture from someone's house....
    That's something else. Not recommended. Can be used to terrorize non-WiBrew towns. Discussed in other threads. Please try to stick to "DLC" topics
    Last edited by DsPet; 02-06-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Yep i got one off of Pete this morning
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RUU_0132.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RUU_0133.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	410