Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ_DLC_Install V2 -- Version WEEN 10/10 (Final)

My biggest question about the DLC_Tool is will it allow me to edit the flame on a candle to a different color when you release it or will it be something that needs looking into.

What exactly are the limits of DLC? You've obviously shown it can be done with tools, do you think it can be used to change up the model of a fruit to make a new one, like bananas?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoster View Post
    What exactly are the limits of DLC? You've obviously shown it can be done with tools, do you think it can be used to change up the model of a fruit to make a new one, like bananas?
    There's many possibilities as in DLC - Fruit. Any item with a hex could be made similar using Hacked DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    There's many possibilities as in DLC - Fruit. Any item with a hex could be made similar using Hacked DLC.
    Wow, thats one thing I'd really like, hopefully it can make trees of the same kind. Thanks for the quick reply.

Wow, thats one thing I'd really like, hopefully it can make trees of the same kind. Thanks for the quick reply.
    No Problem, I don't know about it being a Tree, it would probably work but it needs testing.

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    BTW: Based on the dangers and public reaction, DLC_Tool will be replaced with a different set of graphics tool (ie. to let you edit the models and textures). Will post more info later.
    Much sadness on this announcement, but completely understandable...

New fruit isn't possible in the way that you might think. You could make an item that looks like a banana, smells like a banana, and tastes like a banana, but when you plant it, produces an orange tree instead. There's too much going on "behind the scenes" to support something like that.

"Grass seeds" are impossible as well, there's no coding in the game to support such an item.

When will it be released... just wondering if you have any idea
    Originally Posted by DsPet
    BTW: Based on the dangers and public reaction, DLC_Tool will be replaced with a different set of graphics tool (ie. to let you edit the models and textures). Will post more info later.
    D:
    Last edited by thunder13; 01-19-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatamoto View Post
    Much sadness on this announcement, but completely understandable...

New fruit isn't possible in the way that you might think. You could make an item that looks like a banana, smells like a banana, and tastes like a banana, but when you plant it, produces an orange tree instead. There's too much going on "behind the scenes" to support something like that.

"Grass seeds" are impossible as well, there's no coding in the game to support such an item.
    I figured that. Oh well, at least we might experiment with it; But the current light sabers are mods of an already existing tool, so you're thinking of remaking an orange. Is Nintendo's way of importing items by replacement?
    Last edited by Yoster; 01-19-2009 at 04:29 PM.

re: DLC_Tool replacement
    Please read "The New Plan". I think it brings the best of the options.

re: new fruit trees
    It is even more limited. Take a look at the existing 'banana' item (it is a furniture item). That's about all we can do. Looks like a banana inside the house, but not outside and certainly not on trees.

What's the Text to Item runtime 'code'?