Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ_DLC_Install V2 -- Version WEEN 10/10 (Final)

Quote Originally Posted by XAlucarDX454 View Post
    i deleted my official redpikmin hat then ran DLCINSTALLER and that got rid of some bogus data... so i added all 5 items and i still froze..

lemme try with the save extractor/installer rather then wiird

HAHA! worked with save extractor/installer
    If you do it with WiiRd you have to save/quit/go to another town before the DLC data is 'updated'.

Do Items in Animal corssing have GUIDs? (or is that wat a check sum is?) If the game dose will two items with the same Guide conflect with eachother? and if they do would a solution be a Guide Database like here? http://sims.ambertation.de/en/guiddb/

> Do Items in Animal corssing have GUIDs?
    No it isn't that sophisticated a system (unfortunately). It was obviously designed for one single developer (ie. Nintendo) to create all the DLC items.
    I think we can coexist with Nintendo if they keep at their current pace...

Hi, new guy here. First off, congrats on getting custom content into AC:CF.

I was wondering if the models for the lightsabers were made by:

A) a 3d modeling app (i.e. made from scratch, or downloaded from a site like turbosquid).
    B) editing vertex coordinates of an existing model.
    C) other method that I can't think of.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pho8 View Post

A) a 3d modeling app (i.e. made from scratch, or downloaded from a site like turbosquid).
    He edited the 2D model of an axe I think

Quote Originally Posted by Pho8 View Post

B. DsPet stated somewhere earlier that he had edited the fishing rod and fattened it up for the saber's.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did read through the thread, but I obviously missed that part.

So is there any truth about this passing on some weird virus that may cause games to crash. I read several post over at Gamefaqs.
    I tried to remove the items and then my game frozed. So I delete the save and installed my backup.
    Last edited by Cheat5; 01-19-2009 at 10:37 AM.

No, just about everyone on gamefaqs is uneducated and doesn't have any idea what they are talking about, if you look around you can see the possible complications from this. DsPet has already looked into just about everything.

> B) editing vertex coordinates of an existing model.
    In the 3D format (MDL0) the vertex layout is understood, but how the vertices are formed into triangles/polygons are not understood (yet). So the cheap way was to fatten up a fishing pole.

> I read several post over at Gamefaqs...So I delete the save and installed my backup.
    I saw a couple of things like that. The internet is an echo chamber. Someone here posts a problem using WiiBrew, the non-WiiBrew users over there pick it up and misreport it.

For example I originally posted (on this forum) that the DLC_Tool will be public in a week or two after the test release. That got picked over there.
    BTW: Based on the dangers and public reaction, DLC_Tool will be replaced with a different set of graphics tool (ie. to let you edit the models and textures). Will post more info later.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post: