Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: is there a way to...

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    You might get a save file corruption error message after saving your game. To fix that, simply open the file in the ACToolkit and then save it. The next version of the ACToolkit should include building placement and deletion (It seems reasonably safe so far).
    yes I did see that, but I was expecting it, thanks. Can't wait for that new ACToolkit.

Yeah the next ACToolKit will be very nice
    OFF TOPIC : Release Date?
    Last edited by RaNa; 01-28-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Just wondering, is that code region specific?

I'm on PAL so would i still be able to do it?

I don't think so what would it be region specific
    PAL is only the screen (compatible with the TV)
    but it dosent affect the game

Some codes only work for PAL, some only NTSC. However DSPet says the lighthouse/windmill code is "region" or something in the game so it works with all known versions of AC:CF.

Thanks guys.

Cool, so let me get this straight, i just have to put that code in gecko os. Activate it in game and then it'll be in my town?

Then put it on the toolkit to fix the checksums. Is that right?

Or have i muddled it up.

Oh and also, do you have to have one before you can get the other one? Or can you get them both this way?
    Last edited by shellideaks; 01-28-2009 at 07:29 AM.

May cause problems if you try to use it before getting one of them built by the town

Okay, I'll get the lighthouse built and then do this for the windmill.

Was the process i described the correct way?

Just do what that guy with the Majora's Mask avatar said (Too lazy to check name :P)

EDIT: Hmm... I seem to be having a problem. When I use the original code Maniac posted - I too get that my town has been corrupted. However when I try to use the button activator nothing happens - No Windmill, no town corrupted. Is it possible the button activator codes don't work on PAL versions or something?
    Last edited by Luigicrowd; 01-28-2009 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigicrowd View Post
    Just do what that guy with the Majora's Mask avatar said (Too lazy to check name :P)

EDIT: Hmm... I seem to be having a problem. When I use the original code Maniac posted - I too get that my town has been corrupted. However when I try to use the button activator nothing happens - No Windmill, no town corrupted. Is it possible the button activator codes don't work on PAL versions or something?
    Here is exactly what I did:

Created a text file that had this in it:

Code:
    RUUE01
    Animal Crossing City Folk

Windmill
    * 206E23C0 00006300
    * 42000000 90000000
    * 02E85722 00001010
    * E0000000 80008000
    I start Code Manager and opened that text file. I stored the mod then exported the GCT to my SD card's codes directory.

Then I put the SD card in the Wii and started Gecko OS and launched the game. I did not get a corrupted save when Animal Crossing loaded, everything was just fine except there was no windmill but that is because the first line of that code is a button activator. So I pressed the button activator code (Z+C+1+2), still no windmill. So I went into a building (museum) and when I came out there was the windmill in the top left corner of town.

After I see the windmill and do a little celebration dance I save the game, then did the save game extractor. I loaded the RVForest.dat in ACToolkit at which point I got a checksum error but it fixed it. I moved my windmill to a good spot, then did the save installer and loaded AC from the Wii menu. My town with the newly placed windmill all loaded up.

Hopefully you can get it to work with the PAL version!

Thanks to all again that helped.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aukevin For This Useful Post: