Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New DLC item

Unhappy

awman this sounds dangerous... can nintendo delete our items so they can release the real ones... we dont wanna screw ourselves over.. nintendo might freak out on this

Blog Entries

Just a couple of quick questions dspet. You say the sabres arent catalogable right, well when you say the price will be 3 or 5 mil, does that mean that the item will go into nooks store? I just dont understand how we will have to pay for it if the tool just allows up to inject it into our gamesave. Also will you tell us the hex values for the items so that we can just TTI a new sabre or blue pikmin hat, or will the tool tell us the values, or...... will TTI not work on the hacked DLCs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wiifan420 View Post
    Just a couple of quick questions dspet. You say the sabres arent catalogable right, well when you say the price will be 3 or 5 mil, does that mean that the item will go into nooks store? I just dont understand how we will have to pay for it if the tool just allows up to inject it into our gamesave. Also will you tell us the hex values for the items so that we can just TTI a new sabre or blue pikmin hat, or will the tool tell us the values, or...... will TTI not work on the hacked DLCs?
    TTI should work as long as you get them from wiiconnect24

> awman this sounds dangerous...
    It is, that's why I'm slowly releasing it.
    > can nintendo delete our items so they can release the real ones
    No, not AFAIK (I wish there were a way a non-WiiBrew user could get rid DLCs - it would make it much less risky)
    WiiBrew users don't have the problem, they can easily delete any DLC they don't want.

> I just dont understand how we will have to pay for it if the tool just allows up to inject it into our gamesave
    See earlier post. If price set to 3M you can sell it to nook for 1.5M. If price set to 5M it can't be sold. At 3M they become a very valuable (and impossible to clone) item for non-WiiBrew users. At 5M it is a cruel joke (a very valuable item that you can't sell)

Yes the TextToItem code works with DLCs once you have the data. Also EZ_DLC_Install will automatically fill your pockets if you want.
    BTW: WiFi capable DLCs will have a fixed item code. However running out of item codes is not the problem (there are ~1500 of them we can use). There are only 256 DLC "slots" as I call them. That's the limit.

re: wiiconnect24
    The WiiConnect24 mechanism is not well understood. The WC24 data is only available temporarily (ie: the Japanese data is now gone from the server). Not a reliable way to get DLC data.

For people with WiiBrew (hopefully everyone here using ACToolkit), you can make up as many items as you want. If you don't have the DLC data already, EZ_DLC_Install will give them to you.
    For non-WiiBrew users, they need to visit a town with the DLC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DsPet View Post
    > awman this sounds dangerous...
    It is, that's why I'm slowly releasing it.
    > can nintendo delete our items so they can release the real ones
    No, not AFAIK (I wish there were a way a non-WiiBrew user could get rid DLCs - it would make it much less risky)
    WiiBrew users don't have the problem, they can easily delete any DLC they don't want.

> I just dont understand how we will have to pay for it if the tool just allows up to inject it into our gamesave
    See earlier post. If price set to 3M you can sell it to nook for 1.5M. If price set to 5M it can't be sold. At 3M they become a very valuable (and impossible to clone) item for non-WiiBrew users. At 5M it is a cruel joke (a very valuable item that you can't sell)

Yes the TextToItem code works with DLCs once you have the data. Also EZ_DLC_Install will automatically fill your pockets if you want.
    BTW: WiFi capable DLCs will have a fixed item code. However running out of item codes is not the problem (there are ~1500 of them we can use). There are only 256 DLC "slots" as I call them. That's the limit.

re: wiiconnect24
    The WiiConnect24 mechanism is not well understood. The WC24 data is only available temporarily (ie: the Japanese data is now gone from the server). Not a reliable way to get DLC data.

For people with WiiBrew (hopefully everyone here using ACToolkit), you can make up as many items as you want. If you don't have the DLC data already, EZ_DLC_Install will give them to you.
    For non-WiiBrew users, they need to visit a town with the DLC.
    Wait, what is the EZ_DLC_install thing you're talking about? Do you need a usb gecko to use it? Or does it modify your save? Also, how are you releasing your DLC into the wild? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just confused about some of this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragonboy269 View Post
    Wait, what is the EZ_DLC_install thing you're talking about? Do you need a usb gecko to use it? Or does it modify your save? Also, how are you releasing your DLC into the wild? Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just confused about some of this.
    Read the last post on the previous page.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

It all sounds so cool. I can't wait!

I may be being silly here, but 'WiiBrew users' are who? What do you need to have to be a WiiBrew user?

I'm not sure if i am or not lol.

That isn't true. I just entered it into the TTI and a present appeared in my inventory. I opened it, and it was a top. I haven't wifid with anyone today, I just woke up XD.
    I just tried your method and it worked

If you have a present in slot one then use tti and open it it works
    awesome ^^

Edit:well it worked with pikimin hat but not the top :/
    Last edited by Mackorony; 01-16-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shellideaks View Post
    It all sounds so cool. I can't wait!

I may be being silly here, but 'WiiBrew users' are who? What do you need to have to be a WiiBrew user?

I'm not sure if i am or not lol.
    Well if that's you in the pic by your name, then yes you are a wiibrew user.

What, thats awesome! Are you guys going to teach us how to make all of this?!