Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New DLC item

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    lol doz dis piss u off maniac?

Yes DS, i ment the DLC_TOOL. Thanks for the answer in your oother post tho
    I find it rather annoying that I actually have to TRY and read what the hell people are trying to say. I also suggest you read Rule #5 of the site rules. :]

What if you create an item for a certain hex (lets say something random like, uh 1111) and it's an object that you hold in your hand like an axe. Your friend gets a different item for that hex, which is an object you place in your house, like, a cheeseburger (random again). Well, if you came to their town holding your item, would they see you holding your axe, or their cheeseburger?
    sorry for my randomness XD
    Whichever one they had downloaded first (assuming its the same hex..) will show up for them.
    Last edited by Maniac; 01-14-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

> What if you create an item for a certain hex ... and your friend gets a different item for that hex...
    That's one of the problems I'm still working on. The DLC technology was designed for Nintendo to be the only supplier of DLC items. With many people hacking DLC, there are chances for collisions and other problems.

O ok, i wont use AOL speak. WT bot txt? Laugh Out Loud, Just kidding, (can i say LOL and JK <.<?) and you used profane language though.

Blog Entries

O ok, i wont use AOL speak. WT bot txt? Laugh Out Loud, Just kidding, (can i say LOL and JK <.<?) and you used profane language though.
    Obviously you can use lol.. <_< its jst whn u tlk lik dis.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

o ok i wnt talk lik dis nymor

Ill talk like this now, just cause its a rule <.<

Can't wait for the DLC_Tool... Especially with the stuff DsPet is making.... Headless hats... Lightsabres.

It would be awsome if he could assign some type of small-size audio file, but i doubt that's possible. BUT if it was, a lightsabre with that sound play every time you swing it, that would be awsome-er!

would it be possible to make music tracks as dlc to play in the radio?

What would you use as a light saber though?

Blog Entries

What would you use as a light saber though?
    http://www.aibohack.com/wii/fat_light_sabre.jpg

> Can't wait for the DLC_Tool...
    I'm trying a slow release plan, please see below (comments please)

> ... Headless hats... Lightsabres.
    The headless hat is more of a bug (if the hat item is not valid). I may make a runtime 'code' for that later.

re: sounds
    The first 2 light sabres will have the standard axe chopping sounds.
    There are other resource types inside the "brres" files (CHR0,STR0,VIS0,CLR0,PAT0). Someone needs to investigate these more.
    Also a MDL0 (3D model) editing tool is greatly needed

> What would you use as a light saber though?
    I did lame editing on the fish rod 3D model to fatten it up to a light sabre but it isn't a general solution. A MDL0 (3D model) editing tool is greatly needed. The MDL0 file format is only partially understood.
    ======

Hacked DLC/EZ_DLC_Install/DLC_Tool install plan: (comments please)
    ------------------------------------------------

This weekend I'm releasing 3 test DLCs. The ShinyBluePikmin hat and the red and blue lightsabres. They will work over WiFi.
    They will be real DLC items (with fixed item codes) and can be traded with non-WiiBrew owners. Once into the wild they can't be changed.

The ShinyBluePikmin hat is catalogable and can be purchased cheap (1 or 2 bells).
    The 2 lightsabres will not be catalogable (they act like golden axes) and will be very expensive (either 3M or 5M bells I haven't decided yet). People will be giving them away for free, and/or selling them for crazy prices since only 'hackers' will be able to make them.

Along with the 3 test DLCs will be an easy install tool (EZ_DLC_Install) for WiiBrew/ACToolkit users. It will let you install any of the 5 DLCs (redPikmin, top, ShinyBluePikmin, RedLightSabre, BlueLightSabre) and/or delete the ones you don't want. It does not let you create your own DLC items.

Early next week I'll release DLC_Tool. This will let you create your own "experimental" DLC items. Experimental DLCs won't work over WiFi, but you can test them in your town. This is a safety precaution since once released into the wild, they can't be changed.
    DLC_Tool will include a number or templates you can start with (but others can be made from standard items if interested). eg: goldenaxe, editable redPikmin hat, silveraxe, goldenrod, other tools, some furniture.
    Hopefully nobody will abuse the technology to damage towns, but...

If someone comes up with a cool DLC, it can be turned into a WiFi capable one (with a fixed item code etc). The procedure for that will be defined later. There is only room for 256 real DLCs items world-wide (and we are competing with Nintendo for those 256 slots).

Comments please.
    Last edited by DsPet; 01-16-2009 at 01:15 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post: