Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New DLC item

Absolutely un-injecting the code would change the outcome, but the premise of the question is "what would happen", aka "player A's" "slot A" = "ice cream underwear", "player B's" "slot A" = "taco hat", what would player A pick up if player B dropped the taco hat?

They would see the same item, it wouldn't change at all if they had the same hex.

well the plan should go underway regardless of those who dont understand... but once they see the items made theyll appreciate it more

Lightsabers have now been banned from ACC giveaways.

Apparently it's a hacked seed so isn't allowed

Not that it matters much, everyone already has them and the items spread like wildfire anyways, people will continue to trade them regardless. The result will be the same for any other item we make as well most likely. It is kind of discouraging however, to see how many people are purposely spreading misinformation on the DLC like "zomg it will brick ur wii u will have to buy a new wii if u get hax'd DLC" just because they get a kick out of instilling fear into people.
    Last edited by Ticklemeemo; 01-21-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shellideaks View Post
    Lightsabers have now been banned from ACC giveaways.

Apparently it's a hacked seed so isn't allowed
    Where does it say that? I've looked all over ACC and I don't see an announcement or anything about it. And that's stupid if they really did ban it. They let them give invisible chairs and stuff like that away.

re: "can you make a ??? requests"
    Technology-wise, many things are possible, but not everything. We will learn more over time. The first release of "ITEM_Tool" (the thing for playing with item models and textures) will only allow limited 3D model editing, but full texture recoloring.
    Please read the proposed "New Plan" for how the next items will be decided (by vote)

re: overlapping item codes etc, collisions with Nintendo etc.
    If the hackers follow the "New Plan" and are respectful of Nintendo, and if Nintendo is not spiteful, then there will be no problem. That is no guarantee there won't be problems.

re: ACC banning hacked items.
    As mentioned, DLC is not a 'seed'. It is more like a virus.
    I see no official ban. There are still many giveaways now. I think a few "DLC haters" are making their own judgements.
    FWIW: I've given away hundreds of them myself, and I'm only doing it on a small scale.

No there isn't an official ban, but any giveaways that are providing them are getting their threads locked by the admin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shellideaks View Post
    No there isn't an official ban, but any giveaways that are providing them are getting their threads locked by the admin.
    That isn't fair then, because they must at least give them a warning before they can lock the thread. I'm guessing one of the mods has strong opinions about these items >_>