Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

@DSPet yes i know... >< Also next release is great, looks like this program is already perfected?

@Maniac Sorry didnt mean to argue with ya. Not only did i make a mistake but i also made a grammar error in my post that started all this. Sorry.

The texture editing is great too, my first animal i plan to customize is gona be Peppy Hare off of star fox. Its gona be my town theme, long work in progress. Anways, my first animal will look something similar to this. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...0033911382.jpg

Talkin about this post -->
    Quote Originally Posted by crwys View Post
    Then why am i the only one requesting it? And its really not "that" simple....
    Last edited by crwys; 12-08-2008 at 10:44 PM.

Aww you figured out the grammar mistake before I was able to point it out .

About to try out .2a, DSpet thanks for putting time into making this.
    For all the Noobs out there http://tinyurl.com/683wwm please learn something today.

Quote Originally Posted by crwys View Post
    @DSPet yes i know... >< Also next release is great, looks like this program is already perfected?

@Maniac Sorry didnt mean to argue with ya. Not only did i make a mistake but i also made a grammar error in my post that started all this. Sorry.

The texture editing is great too, my first animal i plan to customize is gona be Peppy Hare off of star fox. Its gona be my town theme, long work in progress. Anways, my first animal will look something similar to this. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...0033911382.jpg

Talkin about this post -->
    Do a BARREL ROLL!
    Try a somersault!

it had to be said... lol!

Great! But I noticed that you can't change the names of the characters in other languages! For example I changed Static's name, but in my Italian game his name is still "Protone" (his default Italian name).

Default awesome!

thanks for making this update like over night, dspet! keep up the awesome work

:you think maybe there's a way to change their shirts too?
    Last edited by XAlucarDX454; 12-09-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Similar DS Release please?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

I've followed Virus's format. Check the front page for a "TODO" list (ie. add requests here, and they may get folded into the TODO list).

re: Names and Catchphrases in other languages.
    As mentioned, use the change "Prototype" feature and the default names/catchphrases will be reset for all 7 languages. Customizing them after that is English only (for now).
    re: custom shirts
    Simple to add a customize shirt option. Each NPC can hold a custom pattern as well. I won't be supporting that.
    ------
    BTW: if someone is interested in writing a pattern import/editing tool, you can write it separately from the existing tools (like Thulinma's AC:WW editor: http://www.xs4all.nl/~aviator/acww )
    =====
    > Similar DS Release please?
    The ancient AC:WW Map Editor already has NPC customization features, for what is possible. In the DS version the names and textures are hard coded, and can't be customized.
    Last edited by DsPet; 12-09-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Ah bummer I guess I'll have to keep working on the rom patcher then

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Question Moving NPC's

Can an edited (like edited texture and name) villager move to a friend's town? My friend wants a cat I made called Catboot to move to his town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marioANDluigi95 View Post
    Can an edited (like edited texture and name) villager move to a friend's town? My friend wants a cat I made called Catboot to move to his town.
    Yes eventually they will move away and still keep their new name and new textures. At least that's what I remember.