Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

Threaded View

Some old and new Qs:
    > is it possible to change things like how often they ask you to do a job? compared to the origional animal crossing, cityfolk is really bad about things like this...
    I don't think so. You can change the currently active jobs (but that is tricky)

> I'm also wondering, if you changed an NPC for your save file, is that change permanent? What I mean is, I changed Pierce's texture and then he moves out. When I get another Pierce, will he keep the changed settings or will he have his original?
    Not permanent. The changes are for that one NPC only. If it moves away he/she will take his settings and textures with him/her. If you get another Pierce later it will be the default game one.
    (BTW: it is possible to have more than one NPC with the same 'prototype' - eg: Bob1, Bob2 which are both based off the Bob template can live in the same town with different textures, names and attributes; the customized name is used not the template name)

> Does changing the name effectively change all instances of the villager's name, for example sending a letter?
    Yes. The customized name (eg: Bob1) is used not the template name. Any new letters sent will use the new name. Old letters will not be changed (in mailbox or archived at the post office); the NPC customized name is from the time the letter was written.

> Will the character "remember" you if you edit them using this program?
    Yes. It is part of the relation database. Each NPC keeps a small database of HUMAN players it has talked to and some stats, including the nickname. This applies to all players (local as well as visitors).
    NPC_Tool does not edit this data.

So if you build up a relationship with your custom NPC, and it moves to another town, you can go visit him/her and he/she should remember you. This is a normal NPC feature (ie. custom NPCs act the same, they just may look different)
    Last edited by DsPet; 03-30-2010 at 10:44 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DsPet For This Useful Post: