Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPC_Tool - Animal Villager Customization

Hybrid View

? Not sure why people are arguing. If there is a missing feature, please be more specific.

AFAIK: the .2a update addresses all the features asked for so far. Select the template for most of the default NPC characters. After that you can now manually pick which of the 6 personalities (3 male, 3 female) you wish to use.

Blog Entries

I wasn't arguing.. >_>

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and let your actions speak for you.

Default awesome!

thanks for making this update like over night, dspet! keep up the awesome work

:you think maybe there's a way to change their shirts too?
    Last edited by XAlucarDX454; 12-09-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Similar DS Release please?

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

I've followed Virus's format. Check the front page for a "TODO" list (ie. add requests here, and they may get folded into the TODO list).

re: Names and Catchphrases in other languages.
    As mentioned, use the change "Prototype" feature and the default names/catchphrases will be reset for all 7 languages. Customizing them after that is English only (for now).
    re: custom shirts
    Simple to add a customize shirt option. Each NPC can hold a custom pattern as well. I won't be supporting that.
    ------
    BTW: if someone is interested in writing a pattern import/editing tool, you can write it separately from the existing tools (like Thulinma's AC:WW editor: http://www.xs4all.nl/~aviator/acww )
    =====
    > Similar DS Release please?
    The ancient AC:WW Map Editor already has NPC customization features, for what is possible. In the DS version the names and textures are hard coded, and can't be customized.
    Last edited by DsPet; 12-09-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Ah bummer I guess I'll have to keep working on the rom patcher then

Remember to always click the thanks button of those who help you! It makes them feel wanted:

Question Moving NPC's

Can an edited (like edited texture and name) villager move to a friend's town? My friend wants a cat I made called Catboot to move to his town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marioANDluigi95 View Post
    Can an edited (like edited texture and name) villager move to a friend's town? My friend wants a cat I made called Catboot to move to his town.
    Yes eventually they will move away and still keep their new name and new textures. At least that's what I remember.

Yeah, I've tried everything available, but it keeps complaining about the bitmap format not being understood.

Tried MSPaint/PBRush, GIMP and Paint.NET. Running Windows XP. None of the bitmaps can be changed, saved, then imported. The tool complains.

You might want to add this problem to the to-do list, to fix the bitmap incompatibility. I'll wait for a future release and hope I see some support. Great tool regardless, though.

Default bummer...

yeah it wont accept my modified bitmaps either....